[SOLVED] Motherboard wont boot

May 19, 2020
I’ve had an issue with my pc ever since i got it which is, if i put any rams in the slot A1 and A2 the pc won’t boot and the cpu led and dram led will start blinking (red for cpu green for dram). But it boots alright if i put them in the first two ram slots B1 and B2. the rams still lit up in any slot so I’m not sure if the motherboard is the problem.. can anyone tell me what is the problem ? :(

Solution
Motherboard asus prime z390-a
MSI GAMING Geforce GTX 1660
EVAG superNOVA 550 G3
NZXT Kraken M22 120mm liquid cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB pro 16GB (2x8GB)
Intel core i5
Was this built and shipped to you or did you build it? If it was shipped to you, it's possible a CPU socket pin is shifted out of position. It happens sometimes and can often be fixed by reseating the CPU. You just take the CPU out of the socket, check for bent pins and fix any with a needle or similar thin object. Then gently place the CPU back in and reapply thermal paste. Do not attempt to do this if you do not have thermal paste available.
I’ve had an issue with my pc ever since i got it which is, if i put any rams in the slot A1 and A2 the pc won’t boot and the cpu led and dram led will start blinking (red for cpu green for dram). But it boots alright if i put them in the first two ram slots B1 and B2. the rams still lit up in any slot so I’m not sure if the motherboard is the problem.. can anyone tell me what is the problem ? :(
Please post your system specs.

Motherboard asus prime z390-a
MSI GAMING Geforce GTX 1660
EVAG superNOVA 550 G3
NZXT Kraken M22 120mm liquid cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB pro 16GB (2x8GB)
Intel core i5
Was this built and shipped to you or did you build it? If it was shipped to you, it's possible a CPU socket pin is shifted out of position. It happens sometimes and can often be fixed by reseating the CPU. You just take the CPU out of the socket, check for bent pins and fix any with a needle or similar thin object. Then gently place the CPU back in and reapply thermal paste. Do not attempt to do this if you do not have thermal paste available.

Solution
May 19, 2020

I built it ! :D and im sure I haven’t bent any pins by accident or anything but I’ll try your suggestion once I receive the paste I ordered. ty

Apr 3, 2020
When it does boot/run, does it show all the memory being there? Looked at your MB manual, you are supposed to use RAM slots A2, B2 so you might have gotten one bad RAM stick? Check individually in A2 to see (farthest slot from CPU). If one runs, but the other does not, you found your culprit.

Reactions: GarrettL