Motherboard Won't Detect Graphics Card after BIOS UPDATE.

sherryafzal

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hi.
i have a motherboard that i recently updated the bios on. i went from version f4, to f10. and now my graphics card won't detect inside windows, or
at the bios screen. the motherboard is a b360m-hd3, from gigabyte.the device is not detected in windows device manager,
nor is there any display from the graphics card.

1. i've reseated the graphics card after a thorough cleaning.
2. i've disconnected the power from the top of the graphics card to test power to the pci slot. it's powering up okay.
3. i've tried to revert the bios, and cannot rollback. says the older update is outdated.
4. i have tried my brother's graphics card, which is a 1060 GTX 6gb AORUS version... same problem.
5. i've tried changing the graphics options in bios. setting the primary graphics card to pci-slot 1. didn't work.
6. i tried putting the graphics card is the x4 PCI slot, still same issue.
7. i changed the power cable for the graphics card.
8. i can't install the NVIDIA drivers, because it's saying it can't find compatible hardware.
9. i used DDU, and couldn't find a way to install the drivers any way.

my specs are
i5 8600K processor
1060 GTX 6 Gb G1 Gaming, gigabyte.
B360M-hd3, gigabyte.
1x250gb ssd 860 EVO, samsung.
2x1Tb Western Digital Blue
1xTb Seagate Barracuda.
8 Gb Corsair RAM, 2400 Mhz.

sherryafzal

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010

i just got back from work and tried what you told me, and no, no signal yet.
i'm going to try rolling back the BIOS by the power + method.
i'll keep posting progress here.

sherryafzal

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Finally! it turned out that my PCI USB extension card was causing some sort of conflict with the graphics card.
i took out the PCI usb extension card and boom, it worked.

i bought an extension card for more usb ports, but it's useless to me anyways because it's a via chipset, and doesn't get to run the oculus very well..... i mean, you win some you lose some.

anyways, thanks for the help peeps.

sherryafzal

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010

i know right? it's odd how i had it installed for the longest time, and the bios update would cause them to conflict with each other.

anyhoo, the problem having been solved, i'm a happy guy. i was actually gonna go buy a new mobo or RMA this one, but apparently didn't need to.....
thanks.:D

Oct 25, 2019
Just wanted to register and reply on this thread, because the PCIE-USB card was the exact same thing that was killing my card too! I have spent 2 days trying to figure this out, and just happened to stumble upon this post, and it was exactly my issue as well. Thank you so much!

Nov 21, 2019
Just wanted to register and reply on this thread, because the PCIE-USB card was the exact same thing that was killing my card too! I have spent 2 days trying to figure this out, and just happened to stumble upon this post, and it was exactly my issue as well. Thank you so much!

what if i had already updated my bios and it contains some compability about USB. my gpu isn't working too. any help? im stuck on this a moth till now