[SOLVED] Motherboard wont detect usb flash drive with windows media

Jun 11, 2021
Hello! I just built a new pc and hooked everything up. I got into the bios all ok and attached my keyboard and mouse which worked all good. I then attached my usb into the pc with the windows media restarted the computer… nothing. Ended up checking if my motherboard was detecting any sort of usb flash drive… nothing. If theres anyway To fix this please tell me, thanks. Any and all help is appreciated :D

mb: b450 msi tomahawk max

… tell me any other information if needed

Solution
Well the pic shows that the usb has to be UEFI for the mobo to boot it, if you made the usb a while ago and for a different mobo it could be that it is made for the older system, MBR.

There might be a setting to make your mobo see legacy devices but it would be better if you burned the USB again.
Jun 11, 2021
Did you use microsoft's tool to create the usb?
Did you try the usb ports on the back of the system? The ones on the front have to be attached correctly and you might have missed that.
Yeah I went to the mircosoft site and used the microsoft 10 media download tool. I also did use bot the front panel and io usb ports

Well the pic shows that the usb has to be UEFI for the mobo to boot it, if you made the usb a while ago and for a different mobo it could be that it is made for the older system, MBR.

There might be a setting to make your mobo see legacy devices but it would be better if you burned the USB again.

Solution
Jun 11, 2021

Looks like the problem was my usb for some reason. I ended up getting a usb 2.0 in walmart. It was really weird since my usb was working in the orginal computer so idk. Anyway thank you to any that provided me any help. Ill see y'all later