Question Motherboard won't displays anything from the APU

Sep 12, 2019
Hi, can you help me?

My motherboard won't show anything from the APU to the screen without my GPU and I'm selling my two gpus to get a new one and I can't get it this week. That is bad. I've plugged it well, rest assured aboutthat.

Is there a reason? Must I set something in UEFI for it to start?

My motherboard is a Asrock X370 Killer SLI.

Thank you.

Remeca

Reputable
He says CPU because APU is an integrated chip with CPU chipset and video chipset. I don't understand what is CMOS.
They both are asking what CPU you have, because not many AMD CPU's have built in video. CMOS is the mainboard software, or BIOS. You take the CMOS battery out of the motherboard for 30 seconds with the power unplugged, then put it back in, and try starting it again.

Okay you mean clearing CMOS with the reset button of the Mobo. Must I remove my CPU to clear it?
Not the CPU. Just do what I said above.

Sep 12, 2019
I think I haven't understood what is an APU. My CPU is Ryzen 2700x. Is an APU something I must add which is not included in the motherboard? I believed I had an integrated chip. On the Motherboard guide you can read there is an AMD promontory X370.

The Ryzen 7 2700x has no graphics built in. Your motherboard needs a cpu with graphics in order to output video without a video card.

An APU is a processor with graphics built in. Ryzen 7 2700x has no graphics built in, so it is not an apu.

You will not be able to use your pc without a graphics card.

Remeca

Reputable
APU is a graphics chip and CPU on the same chip. Like on modern consoles. 2700X does not have onboard graphics. The Asrock X370 Killer supports AMD APUs, but your processor isn't one, so the onboard graphics ports won't do anything.