[SOLVED] Motherboard won't post?

Oct 13, 2018
I recently built my first computer but I
cant get it to POST. I've tried reassembling the computer, checking and reconnecting cables, reinserting the cpu, nothing seems to make it work.
Parts
Amd Ryzen 2200g
Asrock b450m-hdv
Ballistix 8gb ram 2 sticks
EVGA 600 watt bronze psu
WD Blue 320gb HDD

Solution
Below is the entire no POST checklist. You should check those things, but I'm gonna have you do one test. Remove the SATA plugs, the memory, GPU, any other cards until you are left with just the CPU (with cooler), power, and power switch. Plug a monitor into the onboard HDMI, DVI, or VGA port. When you hit the power switch, what happens?
1. Nothing ... this is a power issue or a switch issue.
2. Fans come on and immediately turn off ... this is probably a CPU or motherboard issue, but could also be a PSU issue.
3. Fans come on and keep spinning, but nothing on the monitor ... CPU or motherboard.
4. Message on the screen about no memory installed ... normal behavior ... install the RAM (with power turned off) and retest.
Below is the entire no POST checklist. You should check those things, but I'm gonna have you do one test. Remove the SATA plugs, the memory, GPU, any other cards until you are left with just the CPU (with cooler), power, and power switch. Plug a monitor into the onboard HDMI, DVI, or VGA port. When you hit the power switch, what happens?
1. Nothing ... this is a power issue or a switch issue.
2. Fans come on and immediately turn off ... this is probably a CPU or motherboard issue, but could also be a PSU issue.
3. Fans come on and keep spinning, but nothing on the monitor ... CPU or motherboard.
4. Message on the screen about no memory installed ... normal behavior ... install the RAM (with power turned off) and retest.

Solution