[SOLVED] Motherboard wont read graphics card

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
My MSI h310m pro-vdh plus is giving me VGA Error, i checked my graphics card with a Z87-A , and it worked perfectly, it only gives black screen but there is a - but not on top right, like on middle left, i don't know what to do, the motherboard is brand new, oh and i was using this with a r7 265, it worked perfectly, on my new graphics card it just gives - and a black screen specs :
600W PSU
i3 9100F
8GB adata XPG ram CL 16
240GB ssd
gtx 760 mars
Keep in mind that i tried changing the gpu as well, Thank you guys in advance.

Solution
It is a true 600w, says 650W peak on the box, and it was eating 420 W like i said on my old Z87-A motherboard( was playing apex x16 aliasing medium settings)
So the issue is in fact the SLI support... Damn it. It was brand new :(
You can believe what you wish. It has 34A in the 12v rail which makes it a 408w. The 12v rail is what defines the wattage in the new PSUs because that's where everything important will be powered off. A psu can handle a bit more than that rating , depending on quality as there are spikes when it comes to consumption so that why you saw 420w. You were already pushing the PSU out of his accepted power delivery.

You need to replace that unit asap. I could not find any review on it (from a site that does...

hsagaN

BANNED
Dec 20, 2020
2 FACTS - SLI NVIDIA AND CROSSFIRE AMD.
You`ll not play anything if your power supply is not able to push it.
For finish, give me the model of your motherboard and the model of your graphic card. Is two graphics cards, right?

Last edited:
2 FACTS - SLI NVIDIA AND CROSSFIRE AMD.
You`ll not game any good performance and your power supply maybe is not able to push it.
For finish, give me the model of your motherboard and the model of your graphic card. Is two graphics cards, right?
He is not using SLI, he has one 760 and one r7 265 which he is not trying to use together. He only mentioned that the 265 was working with it.

My MSI h310m pro-vdh plus is giving me VGA Error, i checked my graphics card with a Z87-A , and it worked perfectly, it only gives black screen but there is a - but not on top right, like on middle left, i don't know what to do, the motherboard is brand new, oh and i was using this with a r7 265, it worked perfectly, on my new graphics card it just gives - and a black screen specs :
600W PSU
i3 9100F
8GB adata XPG ram CL 16
240GB ssd
gtx 760 mars
Keep in mind that i tried changing the gpu as well, Thank you guys in advance.
Were you using the same PSU when you tested the GPU in the other motherboard?
What is the exact make and model of the PSU?

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I don't know how i typed but wow.. I wasn't trying to say that.. I was playing fine with the r7 265. My new 760 mars has 2 760's inside. (Like sandvich) And it is not working

We have tried both PSU's, No difference(my main rig was playing fine and was eatin around 300-420 watts)
Everest eps 600A
the other one was a platoon branded, but they work fine and are new as well, the card is working (%100 sure) But when i tried to insert to the new motherboard. It gives a VGA ez debug light.

MSI h310m pro-vdh plus (This is the one i cant play with)(and r7 265 was working on this, tho my working mars760 cannot give screen altough it gives screen on asus z87)
Asus Z87-A

Ok, so... First things first, that psu is garbage. It's not a real 600w, not even 500w. It's a questionable 408w psu that I wouldn't use to power a led bulb. The fact that they lie about the wattage makes it unreliable and most probably old as heck.

Now, the GPU might not work with that psu as asus recommended a 600w PSU for it (a true 600w) and the fact that your motherboard does not support SLI.

Reactions: Archaic59

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
It is a true 600w, says 650W peak on the box, and it was eating 420 W like i said on my old Z87-A motherboard( was playing apex x16 aliasing medium settings)

You can believe what you wish. It has 34A in the 12v rail which makes it a 408w. The 12v rail is what defines the wattage in the new PSUs because that's where everything important will be powered off. A psu can handle a bit more than that rating , depending on quality as there are spikes when it comes to consumption so that why you saw 420w. You were already pushing the PSU out of his accepted power delivery.

You need to replace that unit asap. I could not find any review on it (from a site that does reviews of PSUs, not some random amazon guy) which makes it either way too old, or garbage to be bothered for a review.

Solution
@dotas1 is correct. With only 34 amps on the +12 volt you're only getting about 400 watts regardless of what the PSU label states about peak power. This is very misleading by the company that makes it and you should get rid of it. Any good power supply will be able to deliver close to its full rated capacity on the +12 volt, which is what modern systems use primarily. If it was a true 600 watt unit it would deliver 50 amps on +12 volt, not 34 amps. Big difference. We have not even talked about the quality of the power it does deliver but it really doesn't matter at this point.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
When i was on furmark, the x2 760 was using around 370-420W. It had 400 reviews on my site, people used it with their 2080's. You guys might be right, but the brand makes cheaper PSU's and people were fine with it, with the 5 year warranty as well, sadly we cannot buy brands like EVGA, and others, because of the absurd taxes,
But i don't really think it is the PSU, because on my rig, it works fine, and i tried swapping my psu to the not working rig, still the same result. I really don't know why.. Everything was brand new :(
And you cant find reviews because it is not an american unit nor ships to other countries, only special in here, comes with two 8 pins, and an additional 4+4 pin for motherboards

https://www.hepsiburada.com/sharkoon-shp650-v2-650w-80-120-mm-fanli-atx-guc-kaynagi-p-HBV00000BT3MA

In the future, i will buy this one

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
When i was on furmark, the x2 760 was using around 370-420W. It had 400 reviews on my site, people used it with their 2080's. You guys might be right, but the brand makes cheaper PSU's and people were fine with it, with the 5 year warranty as well, sadly we cannot buy brands like EVGA, and others, because of the absurd taxes,
But i don't really think it is the PSU, because on my rig, it works fine, and i tried swapping my psu to the not working rig, still the same result. I really don't know why.. Everything was brand new :(
And you cant find reviews because it is not an american unit nor ships to other countries, only special in here, comes with two 8 pins, and an additional 4+4 pin for motherboards

https://www.hepsiburada.com/sharkoon-shp650-v2-650w-80-120-mm-fanli-atx-guc-kaynagi-p-HBV00000BT3MA

In the future, i will buy this one

That's also garbage. Another fake 650W that only has 500W.

Electricity doesn't work differently in different countries. The high-power parts have primarily used +12V power since the 90s.

Hard to say much without getting junk PSUs out of the mix; you also need to test your 760 on another PC because it's possible the junk PSU destroyed it. If you'd rather have an answer you'd like to hear rather than a good answer, then you don't need us for that.