Aug 14, 2021
Greetings,

First of all please bear with my grammar as English isn't my 1st language, secondly I had this persistent Issue on my computer. To give you a context I recently bought a 8GB DDR3 for minimum upgrade (same brand same specification just different bandwidth) I had 4GB and putting them together would make it 12GB right??? no it's weirder my MOBO won't read my 4GB on a 2nd slot so it only makes it 8GB. Tried re-clipping the RAM back and forth until some damn luck work, and the next day it will be the same day again, back and forth till it work or worst it wouldn't. Isn't that so frustrating, and yes I don't have enough bids to upgrade my 9yr old PC, is there anyone who had this same problem and what solution to fix this thing?

Specification:

MOBO: PCCHIPS P63G V1 (DUAL CHANNEL)
CPU: I3-2100 3.10GHz
MEMORY: 12GB (though its only 8gb at the time of writing this)
GPU: PALIT GEFORCE GT 730 2GB GDDR5

Potato PC isn't it? its far from today's standard I know...

Solution
Greetings,

First of all please bear with my grammar as English isn't my 1st language, secondly I had this persistent Issue on my computer. To give you a context I recently bought a 8GB DDR3 for minimum upgrade (same brand same specification just different bandwidth) I had 4GB and putting them together would make it 12GB right??? no it's weirder my MOBO won't read my 4GB on a 2nd slot so it only makes it 8GB. Tried re-clipping the RAM back and forth until some damn luck work, and the next day it will be the same day again, back and forth till it work or worst it wouldn't. Isn't that so frustrating, and yes I don't have enough bids to upgrade my 9yr old PC, is there anyone who had this same problem and what solution to fix this...
Greetings,

First of all please bear with my grammar as English isn't my 1st language, secondly I had this persistent Issue on my computer. To give you a context I recently bought a 8GB DDR3 for minimum upgrade (same brand same specification just different bandwidth) I had 4GB and putting them together would make it 12GB right??? no it's weirder my MOBO won't read my 4GB on a 2nd slot so it only makes it 8GB. Tried re-clipping the RAM back and forth until some damn luck work, and the next day it will be the same day again, back and forth till it work or worst it wouldn't. Isn't that so frustrating, and yes I don't have enough bids to upgrade my 9yr old PC, is there anyone who had this same problem and what solution to fix this thing?

Specification:

MOBO: PCCHIPS P63G V1 (DUAL CHANNEL)
CPU: I3-2100 3.10GHz
MEMORY: 12GB (though its only 8gb at the time of writing this)
GPU: PALIT GEFORCE GT 730 2GB GDDR5

Potato PC isn't it? its far from today's standard I know...
Any time you mix ram odd stuff can happen.
Go to the mobo site and get the latest bios....non-beta and chipset driver.
See if it makes a diff.

Reactions: granolah
Solution

TRENDING THREADS