Question Motherboard won't recognize m.2

SuspiciousHero

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
I just bought an intel 660p m.2 drive to use as a boot drive as my old hdd died. I've installed it into my motherboard but i am unable to get my board to recognize the drive

Motherboard: gigabyte b450 aorus elite

I've tried changing the slot, making the m.2 the only drive, and adjusting the connection to make sure it is secure. I am positive it is a software issue, but i don't know how i would go about diagnosing it.
The manual has no information about setting up an m.2 aside from slot information. My bios also has no clear options that i can see to change settings for the pcie slot. I am relatively new to computer building and any help would be appreciated, thank you

Sep 5, 2019
struggle with the same problem.
this thread seems to contain an answer.
got to get to work. else i would have tried booting from usb device.

Edit: seems like you can get into your bios. as i dont have any other drives installed, i cant get it to the bios.

Sep 5, 2019
struggle with the same problem.
this thread seems to contain an answer.
got to get to work. else i would have tried booting from usb device.

Edit: seems like you can get into your bios. as i dont have any other drives installed, i cant get it to the bios.
Attempt a bios update your mobo might not be picking it up

SuspiciousHero

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
I just bought an intel 660p 2280 m.2 drive to use as my boot drive. I've plugged it in but i can't get my motherboard to recognize it in the "nvme configuration" panel of the bios. I've never used/setup one before and i'm not sure what to do to get it to work.

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus elite
SSD: intel 660p 2280

SuspiciousHero

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
full system spec?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/sp#sp
mobo have 2 m.2 slot, try the other one?
My specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus elite
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x
GPU: AMD RX 570

I tried both m.2 slots and neither seem to work, but it looks like i'm supposed to use the "topmost" slot (nearest the cpu socket) based on what the manual said

I've updated my bios and i can see the nvme options tab, but it still isn't recognized

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide to install Windows 10 is found in this thread: