[SOLVED] Motherboard works outside of case but not inside...

Nov 24, 2019
So I am starting to literally lose my mind here... I've googled and have probably read every possible thread regarding similar issues to what I'm having an all signs point to a possible short in my computer case... but the thing is, I just can't seem to find it!! I've had this case in prior builds and it has worked just fine. I've made sure the standoffs are in the right place (no extra standoffs touching the MOBO, all properly seated), I've tried switching out parts everything from the PSU to moving the ram around, the list goes on and on and I know for sure it's not the parts themselves because I breadboarded it on my desk and everything assembled the way they would be in the case works like a charm! POST and gets to the BIOS and even to windows... I am losing my mind here... if anyone is willing to work with me here and be patient with me I would greatly and wholeheartedly appreciate that. I can provide any pictures or information required to help the troubleshoot process. I am posting this fairly late on a work night so sorry for lack of information about my build.

Solution
So I am starting to literally lose my mind here... I've googled and have probably read every possible thread regarding similar issues to what I'm having an all signs point to a possible short in my computer case... but the thing is, I just can't seem to find it!! I've had this case in prior builds and it has worked just fine. I've made sure the standoffs are in the right place (no extra standoffs touching the MOBO, all properly seated), I've tried switching out parts everything from the PSU to moving the ram around, the list goes on and on and I know for sure it's not the parts themselves because I breadboarded it on my desk and everything assembled the way they would be in the case works like a charm! POST and gets to the BIOS and...
So I am starting to literally lose my mind here... I've googled and have probably read every possible thread regarding similar issues to what I'm having an all signs point to a possible short in my computer case... but the thing is, I just can't seem to find it!! I've had this case in prior builds and it has worked just fine. I've made sure the standoffs are in the right place (no extra standoffs touching the MOBO, all properly seated), I've tried switching out parts everything from the PSU to moving the ram around, the list goes on and on and I know for sure it's not the parts themselves because I breadboarded it on my desk and everything assembled the way they would be in the case works like a charm! POST and gets to the BIOS and even to windows... I am losing my mind here... if anyone is willing to work with me here and be patient with me I would greatly and wholeheartedly appreciate that. I can provide any pictures or information required to help the troubleshoot process. I am posting this fairly late on a work night so sorry for lack of information about my build.
It's possible that there's a short somewhere anyway or you didn't connect something right. There's no other reason it wouldn't work just because of the case.

Solution
Nov 24, 2019
It's possible that there's a short somewhere anyway or you didn't connect something right. There's no other reason it wouldn't work just because of the case.

See that's what I'm thinking but I've legit searched everywhere in and out the case for what the problem could be! I even went as far as applying electrical tape over the standoffs and against the backplate of the case where the mobo protrudes from but nothing! And weird thing is I tried putting my old motherboard back in thinking it would work since well it has for the past 6 years I've had it and what do ya know same friggin problem! Both mobos get power though since they are at least on in standby mode but other than that they won't post or boot. The fans flicker for a second like they normally would when they start up and immediately turn off in the same amount of time. I'm legit running out of ideas and on the end of my sanity on trying to get this to work hah.... didn't want to buy a new case but it's looking like I will have to