LumberWagon

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
That list he pointed you to is the CPU support list for the board. That would tell you everything, actually.
Looks like a socket 754 board. Long dead. Single channel memory controller. Looks like 2.4 GHz (3400+) maximum. Overclock your chip to that.
I gave my socket 754 computer to my brother. He uses it for photoshop, autocad and internet. I've been through about three computers since then. He has a black thumb for computers and can kill anything made of silicon, but it's held up for 1 1/2 years for him, so it's durable. He also has lower expectations, so it seems like a rocket to him. In between now and then, there's been socket 939, AM2, AM2+, and now AM3.
So yeah - no new chips made for that for awhile. Single channel sucked anyhow - except for cheapness.

LumberWagon

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Type "overclocking MSI K8N FSR" into google. Good place to start. Supposed to have a decent BIOS for doing it. Be careful - overclocking is addictive. Get out your manual or download it and find out where your "clear CMOS" jumper is so you can boot it back up if it crashes hard. Good luck in your new hobby.

LumberWagon

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
First off, what do you want to do with your computer? That motherboard supports AGP graphics (just about dead) so any hardcore gaming is outta the question. It doesn't support dual core procs (although I'm typing this on a single core socket 939 @ 2.6GHz - welcome to my internet sacrificial computer). Your board also has its max amount of single channel RAM.
With those limits in mind - if you'd like to overclock, backup your important data. Since your proc multiplier is locked, you'll have to raise the FSB. Check your temps. Clean it up inside for cooling. Get used to the BIOS and check your memory speed and quality. I'm sure there's a hundred overclocking guides for socket 754 procs. Google it for help. There's been a million people play with those procs (early AMD 64 bit).
Since it's a 2 GHz chip with a 200 MHz FSB, your multiplier is 10, makin' it easy to figure (220 FSB equals 2.2 GHz for example).
Or get a cheap AM2 setup. Your choice. AMD 780g or 790gx integrated graphics are probably as powerful as most, though not all AGP graphics cards. If you want Intel specific choices someone else can help. I just never had one after PIII. Made parts swapping easy for a long time.