Question Motherboard

Oct 14, 2019
I'm running a MSI Z975 SLI Krait Edition motherboard and I'm having a bunch of issues trying to pull my full internet speeds. I have 250 down and 20 up but my PC is only pulling average 60/20. I have testing it many ways. All my other devices when running speed test I'm pulling 250 over my wifi and ethernet to my server pc. I tried to run it directly into the modem by itself to see what I get but I'm still only pulling between 40 and 75. I went online to buy a PCI NIC and updated all the drivers and software for everything, and still pulling the same thing. The only thing I didn't do was update my bios but that is my last resort. I also have refreshed my PC and the same results. This was to make sure I didn't have any programs sucking it up. Any Idea's? I think my motherboard might be failing.

You may have a try booting a Linux live-cd/bootable usb stick to see if you got the same problem there.

Have it being like this for long time? What do you mean with "having a bunch of issues" about your MB? If there are other symptoms you need to tell about those as well in order to try to find what is the problem.

Are the results for wifi and cable identical?

Oct 14, 2019
"Bunch of issues" like noticing increased frame drops, internet consistently disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes the bios takes a few minutes to boot, and to boot up the entire computer took a few seconds with my SSD the system will take a few minutes to process everything.

I will grab a Live CD of Linux and try that though and I'll post an update. ( Tested this and the results were the same)

Last edited:
Ok, so you got same result from running Linux, right ?

That means that OS/driver software is probably not to blame.

Have it behaved like this from it was new, or is there a tendency of slow internet connection that have being worse over time?

TRENDING THREADS