[SOLVED] Motherboard

Solution
You'll have to work the PSU problem anyway...also check if it's a standard ATX, or an SFF or even a proprietary one. But once you've got that taken care of be sure to consider length of the GPU. Some of HP's cases can be pretty crowded; you may have to remove a drive cage to make room or settle for a shorter 1060 card.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Uhm i kinda want to buy the gtx 1060 but im not sure if my motherboard is compatible with it

This is currently my pc havent upgraded anything yet: https://support.hp.com/bo-es/document/c04359721

Hi @PcNewbie20

1st off, a very warm welcome to the forums!

2nd, yes & no, a 1060 will fit in your system as your mobo (if the stock one that came in the HP) has a PCIe x16 slot, but the PSU is only 180w which is not enough as the 1060 requires a minimum 400w PSU.

Oct 22, 2020
Hi @PcNewbie20

2nd, yes & no, a 1060 will fit in your system as your mobo (if the stock one that came in the HP) has a PCIe x16 slot, but the PSU is only 180w which is not enough as the 1060 requires a minimum 400w PSU.
Hi @PcNewbie20

Oh so if i were to upgrade my psu for example the corsair 550 i can use the gtx 1060 ?

You'll have to work the PSU problem anyway...also check if it's a standard ATX, or an SFF or even a proprietary one. But once you've got that taken care of be sure to consider length of the GPU. Some of HP's cases can be pretty crowded; you may have to remove a drive cage to make room or settle for a shorter 1060 card.

Solution