Motherboards breaking due to turning power off?

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016
My motherboard is the Gigabyte 470X Aorus Gaming 7 With Wifi.

I recently got the motherboard and it was working fine for 1.5 months, then it stopped working and showed an LED Code 00, and so i sent to to get RMA.

Then it was returned to me last monday. I tested it twice, and it worked fine both times. It booted up and went through POST both times. The LED Code ended on 24 as it usually did.

So everything was fine. Until i went back to the computer to start actually using it a few days later, so i am wondering if it is possible for the motherboard to have partially broken, due to a sudden power surge?

The reason i ask this, is that, after i turned it off, i noticed that the back part where all the connections go into, had the power and CMOS buttons still lit up and glowing, even after it was turned off?

So what if i removed the power cord while those buttons were still lit up? Would the electricity then have nowhere to go and therefore damage the motherboard?

Also something important, is that, the pc case power button works fine, i press the front case button and the motherboard turns on, but when i try to press it again to turn it off, it will not work. My best guess is it is probably some sort of electricity surge protection. But i am not a motherboard expert so i cannot be sure.

Any thoughts, comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.