[SOLVED] Motherboards with no Video Outputs?

Oct 6, 2020
I an considering my first PC build in over 20 years. I struggle to come up to date on current components. I choose the Intel 10700k and the MSI Tomahawk for my build. Later I realized it would be helpful to have 3 M.2 slots. I found that the MSI Unify satisfied my requirement as well as adding some other features that were useful to me.

The current lack of stock in GPUs has me concerned that I may not be able to complete a system for lack of a GPU. Powerful cards are selling at 2x msrp and used equipment also reflects the low stock for all but the most modest GPUs. I realize that my near term requirements could be satisfied by using the Graphics internal to the 10700k, I am not a gamer. I would like to run MSFS 2020 but I am willing to wait until Q3 next year.

I was proceeding with my plans until I noticed that the Unify does not have a Display Port or HDMI on the rear panel. This is also the case for some other I end boards. Is there no way to use the internal GPU for the few months while I await more favorable GPU inventories? I was hoping to purchase a PCIe card that would provide the needed outputs. Does such a card exist?

Yeah they are called graphics cards. Im not aware of a pass through card that adds ports for integrated graphics, your best bet would to to either buy a cheap graphics card or get another mobo that has video output and add a PCIe M.2 Expansion card in order to have more M.2 slots.

Oct 6, 2020
Yeah they are called graphics cards. Im not aware of a pass through card that adds ports for integrated graphics, your best bet would to to either buy a cheap graphics card or get another mobo that has video output and add a PCIe M.2 Expansion card in order to have more M.2 slots.

Thank you for your replies.

It appears that no such pass through cards exist.

I started with the Tomahawk and realized that wanted a 3rd M.2. That lead me to the Unify which was satisfactory until I noticed the GPU stock problem.

I am willing to wait 6-8 months for a powerful card at a reasonable price.

I was hoping for a simple stop gap measure.

TRENDING THREADS