Gabu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I have this clown computer with Motherboard P4M800-M V:1 0A that i had recently dismantled i.e removed power and usb pins After returning all to their respective pin formations my computer now restarts okay but through the normal Start, restart process the computer wont restart or reboot and i have again to had shutdown and start it again. i.e if for instance you install a driver and you have to restart for the effects to take place i have to hard shut down instead of the normal restart process for if i restart the comp follows the normal root but doesnt power off and restart.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
It's a bit difficult to follow the problem as you seem to re-state it several times without finishing fully.

It seems that your computer won't do a "warm or soft restart" but instead will only shut down fully?

This is likely not related to the removal of the power supply or other hardware items - although you should check to make sure they are properly installed now. It seems most likely that in doing this, you also reset the CMOS - the BIOS settings that you had previously used. There are several BIOS settings that relate to what actions the computer will take when you shut down or it loses power. I recommend you review your BIOS with these items in mind. In addition, before this, choose the BIOS Default or Optimized settings choice and save and exit.

There are also Windows setting related to power. Most of those are "green" settings but you may have something related. Be sure that in the Power section of Control Panel, you have selected a plain setting like Home/Office.

Does your computer make you smile with its red rubber nose and floppy shoes?