[SOLVED] Motion sickness

Pretty much what the title says. Upgraded to a 32 inch curved 165 hz 1440p monitor a couple of weeks ago. The model is the gigabyte m32qc. Been somewhat ok but tonight went to play and fired up uncharted. After a while ended up feeling dizzy and motion sick to the point I quit playing. Anyone ever experience this? It was about 11-12 in the evening after a nap. I’ve played games for years since I was a kid. In my early 40s now. Maybe I was just too tired? Wondering if I need to go back to a smaller screen?

Solution
is this the only game you have had issues with?

Not sure i would sell a monitor just because one game lacks features most others do.

Could be you just not suited to curved screens

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its that game, its not you

Come on Naughty dog, this is another God of War PC port level of poor design choice, no FOV adjustment on a game releasing on 2022, really seriously! This is terrible design decision. People with ultra wide monitors or people who get nausea with too narrow FOV, at least think about them. Seriously please introduce adjustable FOV in the game.

If you have a smaller screen, it might work better.

The mouse isn’t a huge deal for me since I Bluetooth a spare Xbox controller to it. I need a new desk anyway so I may try to look for one that the monitor can sit further back. But if it continues I may switch monitors. I’d actually played through quite a bit of the game. I had played last weekend and gotten to the libertalia level. Uncharted was one of the games I wish they still made. Too bad they seem to have not had all the features in the port.

Yeah I played all 4 back in the day and beat all of them except the last one they had on ps4, lost legacy I think. Don’t own a ps5, but I do have an Xbox series s. Truth be told with having a gaming pc the series s is barely turned on. I am looking forward to when they bring back the college football games. If they bring back one of those that will be a day one buy for me.

In case I do need to go with a new monitor any suggestions? Wonder if I should go with an ips panel.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i went from a 27inch to 32inch and it took me a while to adjust to the extra screen space. Really, I only use half the screen most of the time, but having a wider screen lets me have more than 1 application open at once. I haven't played many games on it but that is more needing a better GPU than anything else. Maybe next year.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am looking at a 7900xt for my next card. Nice little upgrade from a 2070 Super. I thought about a 6800xt but the 7900xt has same power requirements. Then I finally have a gpu that can run monitor at 144 with max details and no tearing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Another question. My previous 27 inch was a flat monitor. This screen is a curved model. Could it be going from flat to curved is messing with me?
Perhaps. I can't say for sure as all my monitors have been flat.
Didn't you say you have been using it a few weeks? I think I would have noticed the difference early on and perhaps adjusted to it in a few weeks. So in other words, your reaction seems backwards to me.
It could be you were just tired?
See how moving desk away helps, but as I said... it could be that game.

Yeah I’ve had it a week or two and it seemed ok for the most part. I even played the same game a while today and it was mostly fine so I must have been tired or something. I think I’ll try getting a larger desk. Most of them only seem to be about 24 inches deep, so I may try to find a decent table then that way it gives me a solid work area as well. If it starts up too much after adjustments I’ll probably roll back to a 27 inch.

Thanks for all the input!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I used to use a table that looked like this
zC5V7R7.jpg

but the space under desk for the computer only works if the PC is smaller than an A4 piece of paper, which works well for my mum. But my PC have been larger than that space now for about 15 years and really, my monitor won't fit in that gap anymore
ne1uU9z.jpg

So I have used a coffee table for a few years now.

Once you used a larger screen, small ones look too squashed.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye