Moto G: Hands-on the World's Best Smartphone at $179

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatwd

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2012
This phone sucks.........please check its radiation levels before buying this phone......very high compared to samsung or apple.........

bharatwd

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2012
To add to my previous comment, im shocked how each smartphone review on every site neglects this part of the phone specs....why dont sites mention their SARS rating? dont consumers deserve to know the truth? There is enough research to show that phones, especially "smartphones" are prone to cancer, especially over long usage.........but just because its a trillion$ industry, doesnt mean its OK to neglect its health risks.........what shocks me most is how parents give smartphones to little kids.....has anyone wondered what will happen to them after 20-30 yrs of usage? we dont even have enough sample groups to check that state........as we r the generation of guinea pigs.............my advice.....please dont use smartphones unless u really need to.............im in IT n i still avoid it.....

schultzter

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

You forgot the lengthy explanation of how to enable installation of 3rd party APK's. Flash on mobile is dead and on the desktop it's dying, HTML5 is the new king!

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Oh Jane! With all those ugly dots it is hard to focus on the phone... and audio is really "underground". Get an mic and hide it between those dots (so we can really hear you not the crowd around!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007

Sorry about the noise! We didn't anticipate it being so noisy at the Google offices and they wouldn't let us leave the room to find a quiet spot to shoot the video.

Also, don't rag on the dots! I happen to like this dress!

homs tardware

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
That audio was so terribe. C'mon as a professional blog you always should be prepared. The quality of video and audio is going downhill, seems no one cares about production value and the viewer's retention. Always come prepared. Noisy office? no excuse. Really looked to hear about this product, but cut the video off after 40 seconds. Tighten up!

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Not sure why all the hate on this one. Tom's was actually as fast as anyone with this story and had very good coverage. Lots of "first look" tech videos are shot in noisy rooms with lots of people around. I didn't think the quality was that bad.

This is much better reporting than the paraphrased, 2 day old CNET articles we get from Kevin and others that write here.

Attacking someone subjectively on what they are wearing is low also, so I say stop trolling and give credit when it's earned.

Nice work to Jane and Marcus.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hmm, Nokia's entry level Lumia 520/521 smartphones are quite cheaper than that. MSRP of $150 and you can find them on sale sometimes for as low as $70, typically around $100.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

The specs aren't even in the same league as the G though. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent budget phone, but this is a mid range phone for a budget price.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006

Well cut out all dots and we will like it too... as for the sound (you can always do a "studio" recording and re-aply it on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts