Moto X Costs a Penny on Amazon Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I am betting this is because Verizon needs to dump their stock of this phone. With the release of the carrier unlocked version directly from google opening for sale in ..... 9 hours, the price of the carrier locked version is sure to fall.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Its deceptive to say that these are free. Cell phone companies make huge profits on so called free phones through revenues from their contracts. Verizon as an example tacks on an extra $25 bucks or so to their monthly rate if you have a smart phone. In the end your shelling out about $80 bucks a month with taxes. Considering the true cost to cell phone companies for a smart phone is way less than $100, they are doing quite well on their margins.

I had a Droid Bionic, the first dual-core 4G LTE phone on Verizon. It was ok but the lack of software updates, issues with 4G reception and the random restarting annoyed me.

I went to a S4 this year when my contract came around and honestly, its a much better phone. Faster, smoother, wayyyy better battery life and screen. Best of all it doesn't randomly restart or drop my 4G when it feels like it.

Motorola needs to make better phones. They used to be the best Android phones but now HTC and Samsung have leap frogged them in so many ways.

sicom

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
These aren't free at all. What a bullshit, obviously sponsored advertisement. Phones are subsidized through contracts.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Who in their right mind gets sucked into an overpriced contract to save a few bucks on a phone? Save $400 on a phone and pay $1200 too much over your two year contract.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
This is actually only 1 cent for new customers or new lines. If you want to upgrade your current phone its $50...which is the same offer you can get from Verizon if you ask.

lonecosmos

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

I am not sure if you have used the Moto X before. I currently own the Droid Maxx and and have owned all the phones that you listed as well as the Moto X, I have to, It's my job to sell them. Between the X, the One and S4, I prefer the X. When it came down to it, they were all fast, responsive and took great pictures. The One being the fastest with best pictures Moto X being faster than the S4 with better image stabilization. But I want a phone for a phone, and since they all have similar screen size and beautiful displays, I chose the phone with the more practical unique features. Touchless controls with twist and take to me out weighs HTC Blink feed and S4's expandable storage. To me, this is because the best things about the One and the S4 were software features that could be achieved on all these phones without need to root the phone. While the Moto X had it's own features that weren't so easy to get without sacrificing battery usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.