Moto X May Have Off-Contract $299 Starting Price Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Once I get rid of this Razr Maxx HD piece of junk I'll never EVER get suckered into another Motorola smartphone, returned the first one for replacement but the second isn't much better. It doesn't abruptly reboot quite as often, or go unresponsive for 5 minutes for no apparent reason, and I've only had to reinstall apps (what few I've got) and data once instead of several times (it likes to reset itself after firmware updates), but it has a lot of issues that friends of mine with other Android phones just don't have (and in 3 prior years of owning iPhones I never had once).

chesterman

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Will Motorola launch any new high end phone with physical keyboard? I'm happy with my galaxy s4, but if there was any phone like the droid/milestone with a hardware that matters today, i would gladly change =)

rounder47

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
My upgrade eligibility on my Motorola Photon 4G coincides with the release of the Moto X, which will get serious consideration. While I've been satisfied with the performance of the Photon, its been discontinued, only to be followed by a version with a slide out keyboard. The Photon's camera is marginal and from what I've seen thus far on the rumor mill, the Moto X will feature a much better camera. Assuming that the other specs are decent and the price is reasonable, it may be time to support Motorola again with its new Made in the USA device.

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
I'm still seeing ZERO reason to upgrade to any newer phone from my Galaxy Nexus I bought almost 2 years ago.....same phones have been released for the past 2 years, wtf...only tangible benefit to a newer phone is battery life, nothing else...and weight, my gnext with extended battery is like a mini brick :p

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
With the removable shells, I wonder if they have a micro SD slot and replaceable battery. I'm glad to see more nice phones for very reasonable off-contract prices. $45 a month on Straight Talk beats the $90 I was paying AT$T any day and every day.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

First off when you perform a firmware update, you always have to reset your phone. All of your issues sound like an error between touchscreen and chair.... According to Amazon, one of the biggest complaints is that it doesn't play iTunes. This also coming from a previous apple user. Surprise surprise...

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-RAZR-MAXX-HD-Wireless/product-reviews/B009P5WWPC

Status
Not open for further replies.