Motorola Moto G 4G (2015) Comes To Brazil With Android Lollipop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesterman

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
I can confirm that the Moto G is ridiculously popular here in Brazil. The arrive of a LTE model will just confirm this favoritism.

geok1ng

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
As soon as BLU's VIVO IV starts trickling across the paraguayan border, Motorola will have a harder time selling Moto Gs on Brazil.

sephirotic

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I'm Brazillian, I have a 2gb 4G LTE plan, and I say: LTE IS GIMMICK, specially in Brazil. Signal coverage of LTE is particularly bad, even on the best cellphone companies, I keep LTE disabled for most of the time to save battery. (poor LTE signal = horrid battery consumption) WDCMA has more than enough bandwidth (average 8mbps, theoretical max: 20mbps+). Who needs to download things at 64mbps on a smartphone? Be serious. 8mbps is more than enough for watchin 1080p youtube videos, which is already stupid since for a 5" screen this is overkill. This is also true for other countries too, but specially in Brazil where data plans are ridiculous expensive, signal is unreliable, and even people that have expensive cellphones, still use pre-paid plans with only 10mb per day of data limit. I'd rather have a cheaper 3g smartphone.
By the way, I bought a S4 1 year ago instead of the first gen moto G because it didn´t have a microSD slot. At least Moto G fixed that. I think the 2nd gen Moto G has a screen too big. I think 5" is nice, owning a S4, but the original size 4.7 paired with the 5" Moto X and smaller prices seemed a much more reasonable pair of options, too bad about the original Micro SD card. People on forums keep asking for recommendations of good phone between 500~600 Reais, and the new Moto G is just out of reach for those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.