Motorola Phones Will Have Unadulterated Android, Not Bloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Stock Android, Front facing stereo speakers, as close to bezel-less as possible, a low f-stop camera and the battery life of the Razr Maxx and I think they'll have a winner

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'll be honest, I prefer the UI on my LG Optimus G than the vanilla android UI on my nexus 7 (or other nexus devices). LG put so many more settings at my fingertip, just one action away, rather than two or more in most cases.

I've never used a Motorola android device--have they had problems with bloatware?

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Want to focus on the customer? Make phones with user swappable batteries. Many people, myself included, chose the Bionic over the nearly identical specced original Razr because of one thing...we could change out the battery when needed. Of course this didn't sit well with Verizon, but Verizon is not your ultimate customer.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
user replacable battery and expandable memory... these are the two most important factors to alot of consumers but since google now owns em i doubt they will do expandable memoory instead wanting you to use cloud storage

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
user replacable battery and expandable memory... these are the two most important factors to alot of consumers but since google now owns em i doubt they will do expandable memoory instead wanting you to use cloud storage

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
not too small (iphone 4S) and not too large (galaxy mega)... WTF. There are literally no other screen sizes out there, those are the smallest and largest phones on the market. Of course your new phone will be somewhere in that range. for fuck sake, they can say anything they want and it counts as information

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
The carrier is poisonous to the consumer's interests. And manufacturers usually love planned obsolescence. It will be nice if Google can stick to their claimed focus. I'm always glad to see a phone without the bloatware, carrier added limitations or hardware-out-dating updates. Verizon would still have us hardly able to play MP3s and all using their own app store if it were completely up to them.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008

Don't most Android phones come with user swappable batteries? Most of my friend's Android based phones (Galaxy and Droid Bionic) have user swappable batteries.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If Google sticks to this, I might actually buy a Motorola phone. As things are now, I only buy Nexus branded phones directly from Google, or factory unlocked phones and install Cyanogen. Sorry, but I refuse to wait for the carriers to find the next "CarrierIQ" to install on my phone for me.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If Google sticks to this, I might actually buy a Motorola phone. As things are now, I only buy Nexus branded phones directly from Google, or factory unlocked phones and install Cyanogen. Sorry, but I refuse to wait for the carriers to find the next "CarrierIQ" to install on my phone for me.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Sign me up for a new Motorola phone also, with no bloatware, updates when they are released and a micro-SD slot.
I would also like an artificial sapphire display (reputedly better than Gorilla Glass 3).

AND A KICKSTAND.

I don't know why every phone manufacturer has had their head up their backside when it comes to this.

Well, probably because they don't want to lose the race to slimness I guess, but nothing beats a kickstand.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I rooted my S2 Skyrocket solely to get rid of the AT&T bloatware. Why would I want to use a pay service from the carrier when there is already a free alternative that I already trust, i.e. Navigation, cloud storage?

hannibal

Distinguished
Yes!
This was somewhat expected from new Motorola phones, but still good to hear that new Motorola Phones are basically all "Nexus" models when considering UI upgrades, they focus on durability and long batter times instead of extreme big screens and ultha high CPU/GPU power.
Those are something that if they will come true products, will be in my short list immediately!
Ofcourse this means that we don't see the most highend Uber phones with 6.5" 4K screen and 8-12 CPU cores from Motorola... But hey I don't care! Maybe other manufacturers makes those heavy specs "real" Nexus phones from time to time as they do them today fro those who are willing to spent 700$ for a phone and don't care 5 hours usage time untill the phe needs battery charge.

eisley

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I am, or, was, or I still want to buy the Lenovo K900, but these news sound tempting... I think I can wait... I currently have a Razr i, and it's a supercharged rocket!! I'm glad to know the will continue working on its concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.