Motorola SBG-1000i modem wireless Lag spikes on XP

crimson_

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2003
Hi, im using a WUSB11 USB network adapter Motorola SBG1000i router. What i am experiencing is frequent lag spikes. Giving an example..
Ping:
The ping suddenly goes extremely high and back to normal, it occurs every 30-50 seconds. This maybe fine for web browsing but for gaming its hell.. lag = die. Something i couldn't figured, since im on a wireless connection. This problem does not occurs on win98 but only on Winxp. When the lag spikes occurs, my signal str etc will go to 0. When its back to normal pings, the signal str will come back @ full bar. I think its some settings on Winxp but i don't have any idea how i can solve this problem. Would like some views on my problem. Thanks in advance.

riser

Illustrious
You can try to disable Zero Wireless Configuration as a service under the control panel to see if that helps out.
It's not happening under Win98se you say so it sounds like the USB connection isn't the problem. Though you can try using a cable to bypass your USB to see how that works.
Is your wireless router broadcasting something to your computer? What kind of programs do you have running in the background on WinXP?

Riser