Motorola T730: Turn Off Power Up/Power Off Music & Graphics?

TC

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Just got a T730 today, and have gone through the menus and manual, but
I don't see a way to turn off the music and/or graphics during power
up and power off of the phone.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 at 22:17, TC <tec@earthNOSPAMlink.net> wrote:
>Just got a T730 today, and have gone through the menus and manual, but
>I don't see a way to turn off the music and/or graphics during power
>up and power off of the phone.
>
>Can this be done?

If you set the phone to vibrate or silent mode you won't get the
power-on/off music, but I know of no way to get rid of the graphics.

-Jason

--
Jason White (jdw-acv2@jdwhite.org) http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite
Jabber:jdwhite(jabber.org) <=preferred IRC:irc.netbsd.org/{jdwhite,jdw}

anybody

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2002

I recall someone mentioning turning the keypad volume to 0, this worked with
a T720, as for the pix, I do believe you can change them with PST and a data
cable if you want to experiment.

"Jason White" <jdw-acv2@jdwhite.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 at 22:17, TC <tec@earthNOSPAMlink.net> wrote:
> >Just got a T730 today, and have gone through the menus and manual, but
> >I don't see a way to turn off the music and/or graphics during power
> >up and power off of the phone.
> >
> >Can this be done?
>
> If you set the phone to vibrate or silent mode you won't get the
> power-on/off music, but I know of no way to get rid of the graphics.
>
> -Jason
>
> --
> Jason White (jdw-acv2@jdwhite.org) http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite
> Jabber:jdwhite(jabber.org) <=preferred IRC:irc.netbsd.org/{jdwhite,jdw}
> AIM:jdwhite90125 Yahoo:jdwhite89
> GPG KeyID: 0x74CF850D/1F57 465A 1357 BA39 2BEF 5629 6E1C 2B20 74CF 850D

anybody

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Puch one of the side volume buttons as it is starting to turn off
"TC" <tec@earthNOSPAMlink.net> wrote in message
> Just got a T730 today, and have gone through the menus and manual, but
> I don't see a way to turn off the music and/or graphics during power
> up and power off of the phone.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Thanks.

TC

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I also realized that the silver disc on the front of the phone, with
the Motorola "M" on it, is the speaker. If you put your finger over
it, the sound from the speaker is muted.