Motorola V120e error message

I have a Motorola V120e and it's been a good, useful phone for about a
year and a half. No problems with it, etc., etc. However, I went to
charge it today, same as I always do, same battery, same charger, and
instead of charging it turned itself on and displaed an error message
that said "Unable to charge".

I've never seen this before. I have a second battery and it works fine
AND when I plug it into the charger it starts to charge just fine. So
I'm wondering - its the original battery, so is it perhaps nearly dead
and won't hold a charge any more? Or is there something else I should
look at before I go and buy a new battery?

Thanks,
Cathy

On Sun, 16 May 2004 23:58:47 GMT, cathy <cwells21@NOSPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a Motorola V120e and it's been a good, useful phone for about a
>year and a half. No problems with it, etc., etc. However, I went to
>charge it today, same as I always do, same battery, same charger, and
>instead of charging it turned itself on and displaed an error message
>that said "Unable to charge".
>
>I've never seen this before. I have a second battery and it works fine
>AND when I plug it into the charger it starts to charge just fine. So
>I'm wondering - its the original battery, so is it perhaps nearly dead
>and won't hold a charge any more? Or is there something else I should
>look at before I go and buy a new battery?
>
>Thanks,
>Cathy

I would say that the battery has problems. I do know that these
batteries are "smart" batteries that have a chip in them to control
the charge rate and to stop charging when the battery is fully
charged. My guess is that the battery can't hold a charge anymore.

The only time I got that message was when I tried to "charge" the
battery when I removed the battery, just to see what would happen.

p.s. I have a v120c and v120e. They're decent phones, but I recently
upgraded to a v60s and found it to have the same functionality but
better quality overall (RF performance, receiver volume, speaker
phone). No real bells or whistles, but an overall solid phone.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS