Motorola's New Lollipops: Droid Maxx 2, Droid Turbo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I cant help but notice that none of these phones have a fingerprint scanner so as soon as you buy the phone it will already be outdated and obsolete.

I applaud for 2GB ram, 5MP front facing camera, and front stereo speakers but no fingerprint scanner is just asking for these phones to fail now that Marshmallow is rolling out

I've always preferred Motorola products over any other vendor, but the lack of a larger display turns me away. I know the Pure + is about the only option for someone such as myself who has grown accustomed to the 5.7" screen on my Note 3, but I'd prefer the guts of the Turbo 2.

implantedcaries

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
How's the Droid Maxx2 any different from the cheaper moto x play? The specs are the same .. 5.5" 1080p IPS LCD, snapdragon 615 @1.7ghz/1.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, adreno 405, 32 GB storage, same camera lens and MP count, same 3630 mAh battery , even the weight is same(169gms)... Then what's the logic of releasing 2 different products with the same specs at different prices ? I love Motorola nd their clutter free approach to android., but a bit confused at this news

Daniel Ladishew

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
I cannot wait to upgrade my Droid Turbo to the Turbo 2. The Turbo is the best phone I've ever owned and I expect the Turbo 2 to go above and beyond with those new specs. Thank you Motorola! Let's just hope they can get the software updates out a little faster this time.

MasterMace

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Typical Motorola. They release phones with previous versions of Android, release 30 models of phones, and then refuse to update any of them.

Where is the teeth behind the Android Update Alliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS