Mount Your PC To the Wall With Thermaltake's Core P5 ATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaschaG

Honorable
May 23, 2014
I really like where they're going. Granted, the open design will collect more dust and be noisier. But I like the design idea.

TeamColeINC

Reputable
May 6, 2014
@RedJaron: Actually, the higher up it is the less dust it will accumulate but I'll gladly take more frequent cleaning for unrestricted airflow because that gives you much better cooling performance. When im gaming I usually take off the front cover off my Arc Midi R2, gives me a 7-10c difference.

@drapacioli: Typically, you would mount it to the studs in the wall...like everything else you mount to a wall. It also has feet as pictured above.

dRxUgz

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
@drapacioli: probably the dumbest comment here. your drywall is 1/2"-5/8", and if you dont find the studs to anchor it to, well then you're stupid and deserve to have it fall on the floor

My first thought was, if it hangs on the wall, likely nowhere near your desk or work space, how expensive is it going to be to replace/add all the cabling that will reach and how the hell are you supposed to hide that mass of cables. I guess if you're going to hand it on the wall it isn't too much of a stretch to assume you might also want to cut holes in the wall so the cabling will exit at ground level.

Just doesn't seem very practical or appealing to me.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Already tested guys :D
Wall-Mount-Done_w_755.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.de/thermaltake-core-p5-gehause-wasserkuhlung-wandmontage,testberichte-241939.html

remosito

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
my first thought was: The glass over the fans is not ideal for heat dissipation. They should have angled them fans outwards if not 90 degs, at least 45.

My second thought was : Ceiling mounted in the center of the room for roomscale VR

Anathemata

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Not executed as elegantly as Lian-Li, but half the price.

Hiding cables is easy. Anyone serious about wall-mounting should have / be able to get the parts with relative ease. People have been wall-mounting electronic devices for years.

The big question is: how will it look without hard-tube watercooling and sleeved cables? Also, how loud will it be with an air-cooling solution?

Also, there should be enough room between the fans and the glass that you don't need to rotate the fans.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
TT's revisions of CaseLabs and LianLi cases are mass produced and are of much lesser quality and, according to the link above, the clear panel is acrylic, not glass. Please verify.

McWhiskey

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
I get what they are going for, but this thing looks absolutely massive. I mean it has to be roughly 600mm x 500mm. I can't quite grasp how tall the supports are for the acrylic but they certainly don't look short. Maybe the over all thickness is about 200mm? The pictures are deceiving.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
my first thought was: The glass over the fans is not ideal for heat dissipation. They should have angled them fans outwards if not 90 degs, at least 45.

My second thought was : Ceiling mounted in the center of the room for roomscale VR

If you look closely, there is plenty of clearance between the fans and the glass. Regardless of whether the fans shown are running in either push or pull, there is plenty of room for airflow, here.

dragonjujo

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
I get what they are going for, but this thing looks absolutely massive. I mean it has to be roughly 600mm x 500mm. I can't quite grasp how tall the supports are for the acrylic but they certainly don't look short. Maybe the over all thickness is about 200mm? The pictures are deceiving.

608 mm x 333 mm x 570 mm from the German side of Tom's.

Br4veSirRobin

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
My first thought was how nice a contrast it would make to my arts and crafts cherry PC desk and my SECOND thought was 'dust accumulation. Very cool though.

stvn758

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
The amount of dust inside my Antec 1200 case without the filters in is just appalling, this one would not fare well in my bedroom. Shame it looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.