Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Hi,

I have i9 9900KF cpu and eventualy I found out that my COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 BLACK EDITION is not enough to keep my cpu on low temperature when I push it hard.
I bought myself COOLER MASTER ML360 liquid cooling system. This will be my first build with water cooling and I have few question.

1. I have fans below case pushing air up and fans on top of the case pushing air up. I have to get rid of lower or upper fans to put radiator. Which to remove?
  2. Depending of position, bottom or top of the case, how to put fans on radiator, to blow in or out of the radiator?
  3. Any suggestion or precaution while mounting cooler on cpu and radiator and fans on case?

Thank you.

1. What case do you have? Are there any side intakes?
  2. Unless you have additional mounting hardware, the radiator block will be mounted to the case with the fans on the other side. Bottom will pull cool air into the case then through the radiator, and top will blow air through the radiator then out the case.
  3. Plug the AIO in outside of the case and turn it on briefly before installing in the case, and make sure there's no leaks beforehand. When installing, put it together with the case flat on its back, you don't want the radiator falling and tearing a hose or the mounting plate.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
  1. I would put the rad at the top, continue exhausting hot air, just through the rad in this instance.
  2. Keep the same airflow pattern you have. If you mount on top, keep using as exhaust. If you mounted on the bottom (don't see why), then pull air in.
  3. Beyond common sense, there's not much to it. Make sure you connect the pump, as I've seen that missed...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
  1. I would put the rad at the top, continue exhausting hot air, just through the rad in this instance.
  2. Keep the same airflow pattern you have. If you mount on top, keep using as exhaust. If you mounted on the bottom (don't see why), then pull air in.
  3. Beyond common sense, there's not much to it. Make sure you connect the pump, as I've seen that missed...

I 100% agree with this.

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
  1. What case do you have? Are there any side intakes?
  2. Unless you have additional mounting hardware, the radiator block will be mounted to the case with the fans on the other side. Bottom will pull cool air into the case then through the radiator, and top will blow air through the radiator then out the case.
  3. Plug the AIO in outside of the case and turn it on briefly before installing in the case, and make sure there's no leaks beforehand. When installing, put it together with the case flat on its back, you don't want the radiator falling and tearing a hose or the mounting plate.
  1. I have cooler master SL600M case. I saw instructions for mounting in the manual, but some instructions on youtube shows opposite.
  2. Still not sure what you think, maybe you can help more now when you know whic case I have?
  3. How to check for leaks before I turn it on? Only visual inspectiona?

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
So, fans above radiator to suck air out not to blow to radiator, like it does on vehicles?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you do not see signs of coolant leaks and there is sloshing, there is liquid inside. This is all you need. If there are signs of sticky residue or it smells 'sweet', you might have a coolant leak. There should not be a need to do any leak testing; they are sealed from the factory by machine.

Push vs. pull indicates the airflow in terms where the fans are mounted on the cooler. Check the arrows on the fan (most have them) one to indicate fan rotation and the other to indicate airflow:

vxfTvl0.jpg

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
I understand. I saw many videos on YouTube with fans push air through the radiator. But manual for my case (CM SL600M says that I have to out fans on top of the radiator to pull out the air).

I have Push/Pull on my front mounted 360mm AIO so 6 fans and it works great, also the inner fans help move hot air away from the GPU. I have an exhaust fan at the back and 2 top mounted that are set to spin at 10% faster to expel the hot air. Just as a possible option..... if your case allows it of course.

TRENDING THREADS