[SOLVED] Mounting HDD to the floor

Jan 5, 2020
My case didn't come with any HDD bays, but there are holes at the bottom of the case. Is it safe to mount the HDD directly to the floor of the case? Should I be conserned about the vibration or the pcb touching the floor? or about anything else?
The case is a no name chinese case I bought for $40 and the Hard Drive is a 3.5" Barracuda

Solution
I wouldn't mount it directly to the case, however you can buy some cheap rubber rings/washers and place them in between the case on the HDD. You can buy them on Amazon, Newegg even Homedepot or Lowes. And you can cut them down in size to fit.

What case is it exactly? Ive never heard of any case, even no names not having at least 1 HDD bay.
I wouldn't mount it directly to the case, however you can buy some cheap rubber rings/washers and place them in between the case on the HDD. You can buy them on Amazon, Newegg even Homedepot or Lowes. And you can cut them down in size to fit.

What case is it exactly? Ive never heard of any case, even no names not having at least 1 HDD bay.

Solution