Mounting lg monitor (W2253TQ)

longher

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Hi there,

I know the W2253TQ model isn't mountable...but is it possible and safe to drill holes into the monitor to mount it, has anyone done so to their un-mountable tv/monitor? And would anyone recommend it? I kinda want to mount it because I don't quite have the space in my desk for it.

Hobbyhack

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
I have a different monitor (LG W2452T), but the same challenge. It's not safe to drill INTO the back of the monitor, since you're almost guaranteed to hit one of the circuit boards or the display panel, but that doesn't mean it's not possible to mount it. What I did was disassemble the monitor, remove the panel, housing and power supply board, and drill 4 holes spaced at 100x100mm from the inside. After installing M4x25 bolts from the inside out, i was able to attach a standard VESA mount to the back. Took about an hour and a half, low-moderate difficulty. Oh, one more thing (that should go without saying) I'm not responsible if you void any warranties (which you most definitely will) or slay your display--only attempt what you're capable of and comfortable with: any consequences (success or failure) are your own responsibility, so hack at your own risk.

TRENDING THREADS