Question Mounting multiple drives in a Phanteks case ?

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Hi,

I am installing 4 x Samsung 870 EVO 2TB 2.5 Inch SSDs and 1 x Seagate IronWolf Pro 22TB Enterprise HDD in my Phanteks Enthoo 719 case.

There seems to a few different places/ways to mount the 870 EVOs in particular... Where/what configuration would people suggest for them all to be mounted ?

Lutfij

Titan
Your case has provisions for multiple options;
https://phanteks.com/assets/manuals/Enthoo-719.pdf
I would get the 4x 2.5" drives on the covers that are lined adjacent the motherboard tray. The HDD can then go into one of the caddy's at the bottom of the case.

You should include the specs to your build in the thread's body as opposed to leaving them in your sig space, since sig space specs can and will change over time. If and when that happens, it could render this thread moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in now.

I say this since your case can and will run into clearance issues if you introduce watercooling gear or stuff the case with fans since the drive covers will get taken out if you do so.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You are talking about a bunch of SSDs. Honestly as long as they are subject to any kind of air flow or movement they can be mounted anywhere, even as far as using velcro or Command strips to the top of the psu. The HDD is the only drive that requires solid isolation mounting for vibration elimination purposes.