Mouse and audio stutter

ArnorBld

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hi all,

I have a computer that I built about 3 years ago. i7-3550K with 32GB RAM on Asus P8Z77-V LX mobo. I'm just using the on-board graphics (don't need much) Runs fantastic! But about a year ago it developed a stutter;) I was running Windows 8.1 on a regular SATA-III hard drive as boot-up drive back then. Upgraded the bootup drive to a SATA-III SSD last fall. Upgraded to windows 10 this summer (upgrade, not re-install) It has 3 other SATA-III drives total of 5TB. Also running the on-board audio (Realtech)

What happens is that the audio and mouse stutter. Always at the same time. It seems to be worst when pages are loading in Google Chrome. It also happens other times, but it's most prominent when loading heavy pages (lot of images, videos, junk/whatever)

I have used two mice during this period and installed everything for them. First was MS the second (current) is Logitech M510. They work flawlessly between the stutter. It can happen at high CPU or low CPU. High memory usage or low memory usage. Last year I ran sfc /scannow on the machine and the first time I did it helped for a few days. Came back.

I have a hunch this is a driver issue but I've updated/re-installed pretty much all the drivers I have.

Any ideas?

Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
I don't have any easy solutions but if you did the Windows 'upgrade', it might not hurt to do a clean install to see if that helps. Are you overclocked by chance? Perhaps a weird timing issue on the clock rate with Windows 10? I'm spit balling here but I would try those to eliminate some possibilities.

ArnorBld

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No, not overclocked - the CPU is unclocked so it varies. This started in Windows 8.1, so 10 is not a factor - originally. Forgot that last year when I put the SSD in it I re-installed Windows 8.1 and installed everything from scratch. Problem persisted.

I have just installed a mouse/keyboard admin utility from Logitec and lo and behold it's gone. But then again I just rebooted to complete the install and this always gets worse the longer the computer is on. Will keep you posted. Maybe it was just missing some driver parts!

Best regards,
Arnor