[SOLVED] Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting randomly

Jan 14, 2022
So my mouse and keyboard disconnect once or twice a day or even sometimes every other day, this problem recently started happening. I have the glorious model o and a logitech keyboard I forgot the name of but I'm almost 100% sure it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Portable-Detachable/dp/B06XMRQ68B

I know the glorious model O is known for it's issues and disconnecting as this is the 2nd mouse that I bought since the first one had the disconnecting problem. This time I noticed the mouse disconnects more then the keyboard does and it doesn't shutoff when it happens, it lasts for like 1 second then reconnects. So I thought it was the mouse problem again until I was playing warzone and they both literally shut off, the mouse was fully off and the keyboard was off but the G logo still had light. It lasted about 3-4ish seconds before turning back on. This happens once a day or so, but the mouse disconnects are like 3 times a day. Another thing, is it possible my keyboard is turning off in response to the mouse disconnecting?

Specs:
RTX 2070
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz RAM
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 DS3h
450 w PSU (Don't know the brand since it was a prebuilt, but it came from cyberpower. I slowly built the pc up overtime. I also know this psu shouldn't be running all of this since it's ass but it's ran good for me for about 4 years and I recently started getting these problems :/ )
Samsung EVO 930gb SSD
Windows 10 Home Edition
Mouse: Glorious Model O
Keyboard: Logitech PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard RGB

Last edited:
Solution
I have a very similar issue, still searching for a solution. In the process, I found a potential solution on another guide that might work for you (assuming Ralston18's reasoning is not the root issue). There's a power setting under USB controllers:

Go to device manager
Expand USB controllers
Open properties for each of your Generic USB Hub(s), root hub, & host controller
Go to power management & uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

This didn't seem to work for me, but maybe it is something you haven't tried that might work for you, especially since your devices are automatically reconnecting after a bit.

Good luck, cause this is an extremely frustrating issue.

Ralston18

Titan
That 4 year old PSU is a likely an immediate suspect. Especially if under powered for the build and/or heavily used for gaming.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that just precede or correspond with the disconnects.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format can be quite revealing.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors are a sign of of faltering PSU.

Remember PSU's provide three different voltages (3, 5, and 12) to various system components. So some things may work and others may not.

Plus an aging PSU may be nearing some threshold value where it simply cannot steadily and reliably meet full system power demands. Especially peaks.

= = = =

Also: Be sure, as you always should be doing, to back up all important data at least 2 x to locations off of the computer in question. Ensure that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Apr 18, 2022
I have a very similar issue, still searching for a solution. In the process, I found a potential solution on another guide that might work for you (assuming Ralston18's reasoning is not the root issue). There's a power setting under USB controllers:

Go to device manager
Expand USB controllers
Open properties for each of your Generic USB Hub(s), root hub, & host controller
Go to power management & uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

This didn't seem to work for me, but maybe it is something you haven't tried that might work for you, especially since your devices are automatically reconnecting after a bit.

Solution
Jan 14, 2022

Go to device manager
Expand USB controllers

Thanks man. That actually fixed my keyboard turning off and on. Also, I have figured out that my mouse was just faulty and the cord in the front was loose causing the disconnects on that side.

Reactions: Goose5