Question Mouse and keyboard do not work in the Windows 10 configuration

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I recently restored my pc from scratch to clean. Initially, everything seemed to go perfectly but when you finished reinstalling Windows 10 on the configuration screen there was no mouse or keyboard. Initially I thought of a driver problem that had been erased with the recovery, but then I noticed that in the bios mouse and keyboard work perfectly. I have no other computer available so I can't install other operating systems on my external hard drive, the only way is to install the image file from phone and transfer it to the hard disk even if having already tried it it won't work. Can anyone solve this problem?

These are the technical features of my computer:
Processor: Intel core 2 QUAD CPU
Video card: geforce GT 710
Ram: 4GB
Motherboard: Asus G41M-VS3 P1.60

I add more information about mouse and keyboard:
Keyboard: Compaq internet keyboard
Mouse: Zelotes Gaming USB mouse 5500 dpi, usb 2.0 wire
If you need more technical details, tell me.

Grazie in anticipo.

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
Hi, I recently restored my pc from scratch to clean. Initially, everything seemed to go perfectly but when you finished reinstalling Windows 10 on the configuration screen there was no mouse or keyboard. Initially I thought of a driver problem that had been erased with the recovery, but then I noticed that in the bios mouse and keyboard work perfectly. I have no other computer available so I can't install other operating systems on my external hard drive, the only way is to install the image file from phone and transfer it to the hard disk even if having already tried it it won't work. Can anyone solve this problem?

These are the technical features of my computer:
Processor: Intel core 2 QUAD CPU
Video card: geforce GT 710
Ram: 4GB
Motherboard: Asus G41M-VS3 P1.60

I add more information about mouse and keyboard:
Keyboard: Compaq internet keyboard
Mouse: Zelotes Gaming USB mouse 5500 dpi, usb 2.0 wire
If you need more technical details, tell me.

Grazie in anticipo.

I have has this problem recently with the same situation as you. I previously had Win7 and upgraded to 10. Windows 10 does not like USB peripherals. I had problems where after I upgraded my PC would start dropping the USB connections and I would Have to unplug them and put it in a different port, sometimes it would work and others it wouldn't.

So then I decided to do a fresh install hoping that this would solve the problem. I did not... IT ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE!!! I got no signal from my USB ports at all. I had to hook up a PS2 keyboard to reinstall the USB drivers for my devices and update the drivers for the USB Root Hubs in my PC Device Manager.

Finally I got them to work and I have not had a problem since. But I asked myself... Why would there be a issue anyway, all I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that uses the same dongle and a USB WiFi adapter?

Well after talking with Microsoft and various searching online I found the answer.

There is nothing wrong with my hardware. It's Windows 10!

Windows 10 does not like peripherals that are not current gen devices or devices that where made in previous generations of PC parts. Windows 10 lacks Legacy Drivers for them. So not only does Microsoft want us to have Windows 10 but they also want us to have current gen systems and devices.

Sorry to say but try and find a PS2 keyboard if your Mobo has a input for it, and don't use an adapter, it won't work. If you have any further problems please reply back.

P.S. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!

Apr 29, 2019
Thank you a lot for the reply, I tried also with other keyboard but it didn't work.The only thing i can do now is install a windows iso file from my phone and transfer it to the external hard drive. I think i don't have any alternatives because i tried all possibile methods and i also tried to contact the microsoft support Who say that i have to download iso file from another computer to the external drive but at the moment i don't have any other pc.
Thank you again for your reply!

TRENDING THREADS