Richard Treanor

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
I have recently dual booted my Macbook to run in windows, since this change i have had awful luck getting the Mac Mouse and keyboard to stay synced with the device, it will connect via Bluetooth but as soon as i stop using it for about 10 secs it will stop responding even though it still shows connected in the Bluetooth connections, i have ran all driver updates, uninstalled the Bluetooth driver to reinstall it, removed and reattached the device as well. the dual boot was completed using boot camp and i have used the drivers provided by it to install the mouse, keyboard and the Bluetooth driver

can someone please help with this, i have also tested the mouse and keyboard on the Mac OS and it works without issue, i have also used a windows only PC with a Bluetooth dongle and this also works flawlessly so I'm very sure the issue stems from the Bluetooth but any suggestions are welcome

Solution
Hi Lutfij

sorry i didn't reply back to you i have just been flat out with other issues and this was on the back burner, after much tinkering and searching online i found the issue and it was due to the bluetooth driver where it was turning off after inactivity, as discussed in this forum https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8240453 the second last post was what did the trick i was to busy blaming drivers that i didnt even think of the bluetooth control. o_O

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with and which version of Boot Camp driver's support package did you work with? The issue with the dual boot is that the drivers sometimes get corrupt since Windows 10 likes to source it's own drivers and often times makes a mess of things.

Lastly, which MacOS are you working with?

Richard Treanor

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
Hi Lutfij

sorry i didn't reply back to you i have just been flat out with other issues and this was on the back burner, after much tinkering and searching online i found the issue and it was due to the bluetooth driver where it was turning off after inactivity, as discussed in this forum https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8240453 the second last post was what did the trick i was to busy blaming drivers that i didnt even think of the bluetooth control. o_O

Solution