[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard recommendations

GreenMadman

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
Hello, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard and I'm looking for some advice.

All the mice that I've had up to now have ended up having the double click problem, and it's extremely infuriating, so now I'm hoping to get a very durable mouse. The ones that fit that category are Logitech's G Pro series, at least going by the specified durability of 20-50 million clicks. Their prices are fairly close and I'll have to check them in the store myself to see which one fits me the best, but I'd like to know from the people who have used them, have you encountered any problems with them, be it the multi-click issue or something else?

As for the keyboard, I've absolutely no clue. I have been using a random low profile keyboard for around 10 years and I'm quite happy with it. I don't care about programmable keys and rgb, A mechanical one would be a massive plus and I'd prefer it to be low profile but it's not a necessity, and it my budget is around $100. So, what model would you recommend?

Thank you very much to everyone who reads all this, especially to those who also reply, much love to all of you!

Solution
For the mice, yeah before I make the final decision I'll have to check them myself in the store, but I was just curious if people experienced problems with those mice. And for the keyboards, since I've only used one board, I'm looking for specific recommendations or else I'll just end up having to try each keyboard in the store, which I kind of don't want to.

Sadly there aren't any Corsair peripherals where I live so I can't check them to see if they'd fit me. Thanks anyway though!

It's not like there will be 50 keyboards for you to try, maybe 10. Good idea to try them all. When I bought the keyboard I use at work I probably spent 20 minutes there going between models to pick a few I liked and then going among those few to...
Mice and keyboards are a personal preference, if you have a store near you, should head there to check them out. Best Buy actually has a decent selection of gaming keyboards and mice on display in many of their stores. Or at least read about mechanical keyboards to see what switches you may like, they are pretty different.

Hello, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard and I'm looking for some advice.

All the mice that I've had up to now have ended up having the double click problem, and it's extremely infuriating, so now I'm hoping to get a very durable mouse. The ones that fit that category are Logitech's G Pro series, at least going by the specified durability of 20-50 million clicks. Their prices are fairly close and I'll have to check them in the store myself to see which one fits me the best, but I'd like to know from the people who have used them, have you encountered any problems with them, be it the multi-click issue or something else?

As for the keyboard, I've absolutely no clue. I have been using a random low profile keyboard for around 10 years and I'm quite happy with it. I don't care about programmable keys and rgb, A mechanical one would be a massive plus and I'd prefer it to be low profile but it's not a necessity, and it my budget is around $100. So, what model would you recommend?

Thank you very much to everyone who reads all this, especially to those who also reply, much love to all of you!
You should look at them in store. Especially mice as your grip matters a lot. I have a Corsair Dark Core and that’s been great for me the last few months.
As for low profile mech keyboard I actually have one! The cooler master SK630. I got it for £99. But it is an acquired taste so be warned.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XhfhP6/cooler-master-sk630-wired-gaming-keyboard-sk-630-gklr1-us

GreenMadman

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
Mice and keyboards are a personal preference, if you have a store near you, should head there to check them out. Best Buy actually has a decent selection of gaming keyboards and mice on display in many of their stores. Or at least read about mechanical keyboards to see what switches you may like, they are pretty different.

For the mice, yeah before I make the final decision I'll have to check them myself in the store, but I was just curious if people experienced problems with those mice. And for the keyboards, since I've only used one board, I'm looking for specific recommendations or else I'll just end up having to try each keyboard in the store, which I kind of don't want to.

You should look at them in store. Especially mice as your grip matters a lot. I have a Corsair Dark Core and that’s been great for me the last few months.
As for low profile mech keyboard I actually have one! The cooler master SK630. I got it for £99. But it is an acquired taste so be warned.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XhfhP6/cooler-master-sk630-wired-gaming-keyboard-sk-630-gklr1-us

Sadly there aren't any Corsair peripherals where I live so I can't check them to see if they'd fit me. Thanks anyway though!

That’s weird what can you get?

It's not like there will be 50 keyboards for you to try, maybe 10. Good idea to try them all. When I bought the keyboard I use at work I probably spent 20 minutes there going between models to pick a few I liked and then going among those few to pick one out. You can probably narrow down what you want to a few models then go from there. Many people like the MX Red switches, I like Browns a bit better. There are also other models aside from MX, Kailh makes switches, Razer and Logitech have their own switch types. I like the Logitech ones but there are more reports or spring sounds from the keys like the spacebar for those than for others. My work keyboard is Kailh Silver Speed, at home I have MX Silents and an MX Red switch, my son has a MX Brown chinese copy that is nice. Tons of options, you just need to dive in and get one after trying some. Like with audio, there is no single headphone for everyone, there is no single keyboard for everyone. 20 people will like 15 different things.

Can't recommend a keyboard without knowing what feel you like for the keys. First do some research on mechanical keyboards and how they work, feel and sound, as well as pricing. You will find plenty of recommended models based on what switch you want. Or order a sample key set to try several.

Last edited:
Solution

GreenMadman

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
That’s weird what can you get?
There are a bit too many brands available for me to list them all. If you'd like to know which ones are available you can see them here on the left side https://www.eponuda.com/racunari-misevi-cene . The big names are of course there like Logitech, Razer, Genius, ... Maybe they just don't have Corsair at the moment but I don't think I saw them the last few times I looked.

It's not like there will be 50 keyboards for you to try, maybe 10. Good idea to try them all. When I bought the keyboard I use at work I probably spent 20 minutes there going between models to pick a few I liked and then going among those few to pick one out. You can probably narrow down what you want to a few models then go from there. Many people like the MX Red switches, I like Browns a bit better. There are also other models aside from MX, Kailh makes switches, Razer and Logitech have their own switch types. I like the Logitech ones but there are more reports or spring sounds from the keys like the spacebar for those than for others. My work keyboard is Kailh Silver Speed, at home I have MX Silents and an MX Red switch, my son has a MX Brown chinese copy that is nice. Tons of options, you just need to dive in and get one after trying some. Like with audio, there is no single headphone for everyone, there is no single keyboard for everyone. 20 people will like 15 different things.

Can't recommend a keyboard without knowing what feel you like for the keys. First do some research on mechanical keyboards and how they work, feel and sound, as well as pricing. You will find plenty of recommended models based on what switch you want. Or order a sample key set to try several.
Yeah, I guess I'll just have to go store to store and pester the people there to try as many keyboards as they'll let me. Since I've only used this one keyboard I don't think I can really say what I'm looking for, so I guess trying them out until I find one that fits is best. Thanks!

There are a bit too many brands available for me to list them all. If you'd like to know which ones are available you can see them here on the left side https://www.eponuda.com/racunari-misevi-cene . The big names are of course there like Logitech, Razer, Genius, ... Maybe they just don't have Corsair at the moment but I don't think I saw them the last few times I looked.

Yeah, I guess I'll just have to go store to store and pester the people there to try as many keyboards as they'll let me. Since I've only used this one keyboard I don't think I can really say what I'm looking for, so I guess trying them out until I find one that fits is best. Thanks!

If you want a quieter sort of beginner mechanical keyboard you can try the MX Silents. They are pretty quick to activate. The feel and sound of those is closer to a membrane of all the switches I have tried but still have their own feel without being mushy. https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/switches/index.php?switch=Cherry-MX-Silent-Red

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...qiwshReK6SQbwJA7ZohoCH3wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds