Question Mouse and microphone (headset) stop working randomly on new build ?

BlueStripe_99

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2013
I have just build a new PC with the following specs:

MSI Z790 TOMAHAWK DDR4
Intel i5-13600KF
GTX 4070ti
32GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10 Pro

Corsair M55 RGB Pro Mouse
HyperX Cloud II Headset

Everything works smoothly, however my microphone and mouse cursor stop working randomly. The devices are still connected and powered on, but I can't move the mouse and the mic doesn't pick up any sound. It doesn't happen at the same time. Replugging the USB (temporarily) fixes the problem, or disabling and re-enabling the microphone in Windows Settings. I've updated the BIOS and as far as I can see all MoBo drivers are up-to-date. The peripherals themselves do not have seperate drivers. I have also tried to plug them into different USB ports.

It's incredibly annoying as this often happens when I'm in VR (but also other times).

What can I do to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU. If the PSU has been in service for a while, please include the age of the unit. For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version at this moment of time? Did you install all relevant drivers for your new build, manually with the latest drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Windows and motherboards are a bit paranoid about saving energy.
Look at windows power settings to see if you can set usb devices to never power off if not used for x minutes.

In the bios, look for settings to not be as aggressive in shutting down devices.

BlueStripe_99

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2013
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU. If the PSU has been in service for a while, please include the age of the unit. For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version at this moment of time? Did you install all relevant drivers for your new build, manually with the latest drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

BIOS version is 7D91v14
PSU is Corsair 750W 80+ Gold

BlueStripe_99

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2013
Windows and motherboards are a bit paranoid about saving energy.
Look at windows power settings to see if you can set usb devices to never power off if not used for x minutes.

In the bios, look for settings to not be as aggressive in shutting down devices.

The devices don't really get shut off, as they are still powered on (they're still it up). They just don't function at all...

BlueStripe_99

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2013
Update: Sometimes it happens every few minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen.
It seems to happen more often when I am playing a video game (higher load on system?).

Also: The customizable light on the mouse won't change through the Corsair software. I reinstalled the drivers and software of the mouse but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions are welcome. It's still very weird that my headset mic cuts out randomly but the sound part of the headset always works.