Question Mouse applies a film grain effect on web pages

NathanWilker

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2013
When I move my mouse around on a web page it applies an effect to the web page that looks like a film grain texture. I've already tried to turn off image sharpening in nvidia settings and that seemed to help some. However the problem still persists. Has anyone experienced this problem before or know how to fix it? Just started to happen within the last couple days.

I am using the brave browser but I have the same problems on google chrome and the youtube app. The webpage appears grainy on ALL web pages/apps when I move the mouse. However I can play games without any issues. Friends of mine and other computers in the house don't experience the same graininess when accessing these same web pages and apps.

GIF of Issue: https://gyazo.com/40fad10d2776be0c57b2789224b8aab3

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

RAM: 2x 8GB PNY XLR8 1866 Mhz

PSU: Corsair TX650 v2 650 watts

GPU: GTX 1060 3 GB

HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

SSD: 256GB Crucial M4

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Clarify:

What browser are you using? Does the website appear grainy when you use other browsers?

Just that webpage or does the grainy look appear on all web pages when you move the mouse?

Do you have some other way to access that website (or other websites that also present as grainy) via other computers: yours, family, friends?

Does the website continue to appear as grainy?

Reactions: NathanWilker