Mouse beeping, unresponsive.

ApplesDaMan

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hello forum,

I have a problem with my mouse that I would like to share and probably has been mentioned here and there but I have yet found a solution after digging a mass of posts/forums around the web about the work-around.

So what's the problem? My mouse makes a random beeping sound, this occurs randomly at any given time and some days it doesn't even happen (lucky days). I hear a constant "beep" sound even when I'm not clicking my mouse and it becomes unresponsive. To demonstrate exactly what I mean, here are two videos. The first being what just happened literally 20 mins ago from this post.

Mouse beeping problem (please excuse the language)

PhantomL0rd Mouse Problem - League of Legends LoL (from 0:12)

My actions towards solving this problem by myself: I updated all drivers (USB and port drivers), updated BIOS of my motherboard, tried a different USB port, both 2.0 or 3.0, neither seems to do any difference. I recently told the hard drive to never go to sleep as it seems to pose a problem, I have yet to change mouse since I have no other one. Not all of my USB slots are taken so I don't think it's a power problem as I have 1000W PSU and not even doing SLI/XFIRE.

I have yet to assess whether the light on my mouse disappears during this. The only work-around I found so far is hard-restarting my computer through the restart button on my case. Could this be an OBS problem? As I always stream whenever I play a game.

The mouse being used is a Logitech G303. Been using it for a while. Recently I got a new keyboard, Corsair Rapidfire K65 RGB (yes since using this it has occurred more often), could it be the Corsair software?

Please help, thanks.

Solution
That sounds frustrating! I really can't help you. Things you could try in order to further analyse the problem:

- Test the mouse with a different computer, see whether the problem is still there. If so, then it is the mouse. If not, proceed with the below:

- Boot from a different operating system on your own computer, see whether the problem is still there. You can use e.g. Puppy Linux on a USB drive and boot into it. If the problem is still there, then it must be your computer's hardware.

Cerberus_tm

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
That sounds frustrating! I really can't help you. Things you could try in order to further analyse the problem:

- Test the mouse with a different computer, see whether the problem is still there. If so, then it is the mouse. If not, proceed with the below:

- Boot from a different operating system on your own computer, see whether the problem is still there. You can use e.g. Puppy Linux on a USB drive and boot into it. If the problem is still there, then it must be your computer's hardware.

Solution