Question Mouse Button Quality vs Keyboard Keys Quality ?

rage690

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
Why cant Mouse Button Quality be as durable as Keyboard Keys Quality when they both do the same function anyway ?

ALL of my keyboards, basic and mechanical, LASTS MUCH LONGER than any mouse i bought including expensive mouse.

they all have the same issue, when you play games that requires PRESSING and HOLDING your mouse buttons a lot it degrades the mouse buttons rapidly. in just a few months the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON is hard to click or would loose that click sound/feel and you either have to press hard to register a click or press lightly because it double clicks.

so it got me thinking, why can the same technology on keyboard that seems to last so much longer, be implemented on mouse buttons ? maybe even a mechanical mouse where you can just replace the part if its done ?

It's not the same technology, real mechanical keyboard has keys with real springs and extremely durable copper contacts and they rarely became stuck during the operation. By design, this type of mechanism is very shock-resistant, you can apply a lot of pressure on the keys and they still work normally.

Computer mouse buttons are usually tiny and plat switch with very little room for action and they use a sort of flexible metal plates as spring. After reaching a certain number of clicks, those switches could be stuck or broken. Using excessive force while "clicking" will kill the mouse faster.

Last edited: