Mouse causes PC boot loop.

Jul 31, 2018
I have just bought a razer lancehead wireless mouse and it works fine except for when it is connected via a wired connection while booting. If I start up my PC it will get stuck in a boot loop or simply not go past the splash screen. The PC also won't respond to the "f" shortcuts or "del" to enter the bios menu. I know it's the mouse as the system was working fine before and I have tested each cable individually to ensure that the mouse is the issue.

P.s This has happened with both mice which are the same (I asked for a replacement in case I had a faulty mouse).

Solution
Go to the motherboard manufacturer website for your specific motherboard (search google for it). Then usually under the Support menu there is a download section. These include manuals , motherboard drivers, utilities, and BIOS.

Once there select the latest version of both the motherboard drivers and BIOS. Down load the motherboard drivers and follow the instructions.

The BIOS is a little different. The manual will have specific instructions. Prepare a USB flash drive with Fat 32 format. Then download the BIOS to the root directory (without any folder preferably on a clean flash drive). Then enter your BIOS (usually reboot while hitting the delete key works). Then insert the USB drive. In the BIOS go to the menu for updating...
That is really strange. The bios does test for a keyboard, and it will give you an error message without one. I am guessing that it is causing a conflict with one of the other drivers.

Update the Razer driver. The only other thing is that the motherboard BIOS needs an update for stability.

Go to the motherboard manufacturer website for your specific motherboard (search google for it). Then usually under the Support menu there is a download section. These include manuals , motherboard drivers, utilities, and BIOS.

Once there select the latest version of both the motherboard drivers and BIOS. Down load the motherboard drivers and follow the instructions.

The BIOS is a little different. The manual will have specific instructions. Prepare a USB flash drive with Fat 32 format. Then download the BIOS to the root directory (without any folder preferably on a clean flash drive). Then enter your BIOS (usually reboot while hitting the delete key works). Then insert the USB drive. In the BIOS go to the menu for updating the BIOS. Then browse the flash drive for the BIOS that you downloaded, and then select it. Then press enter.

Don't interrupt the process or turn off the PC until it is complete. Interrupting it can brick your computer.

There are many videos on this. Just search google for updating BIOS and your motherboard.

Solution