Question Mouse cursor covers dead pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M05K The Laden

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017
Hello, does mouse cursor covers dead pixels? I have an Asus VG248QG and today it appeared a "dead" pixel with some shadow around it, checked it in all apps and it was there. The odd thing was when i was moving the cursor to the "dead pixel" it dissapeared. After rebooting PC, on the blue screen restarting it dissapeared, and now its fine. Should I be worried it could be a dead pixel soon?

Thanks

Probably just a stuck pixel, and moving the mouse under it got it unstuck.
Dead pixels are physical broken, not displaying anything. Stuck pixles have the capability to display information, but may be unable to in their current state.

Ive had three stuck pixels on my monitors, one of the was fixed by running an on screen remedy of flashing colors, the other was fixed by putting a hot rag in a zip lock bag and pressing on it.
Both have worked fine ever since.
The last pixel is still stuck on red.

Most manufacturers wont warranty a monitor for only one pixel, it depends on the specific policy but probably not worth it.
If it were several, or a cluster, thats a different question.
Chances are the monitor youll get back could have more than one this time around.

Plus, its working fine now so I wouldnt be concerned.

EDIT: looked up your policy, you have to have either 3 bright pixels, 5 dark pixels, or 8 combined, or more. So you wouldnt quality for an RMA.

M05K The Laden

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017
It was exactly the same as this one i found on the internet

20200126_170208.jpg.220fad8b4d1807c16896690919f66bb6.jpg

Sep 25, 2022
Register just to post a thank you! Already did everything I could find online and what I could remember about fixing stuck pixels, and thought it was dead. But noticed my mouse cursor was still whole and brightly white when moved over it and got curious and googled it. Found this post on it. Soon as I closed steam, the dead pixel went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.