Mouse cursor lagging, then the monitor entered into stand by. Hdd fail?

Razvan_aga

Honorable
Jul 3, 2017
Hello guys, today something very strange happened. I turn on my pc, enter the password and let windows do his things for like 5-10 sec, then when i wanted to open steam, the mouse cursor was moving in 1-2 frames, clicks had lag for like 5 seconds, then the monitor entered into stand by, but the pc was running. What can it be?

Solution
Generally when something like that happens, it means that the computer is busy. For example, the system may be installing updates, or the anti- malware software is running. Take a look at the Task Manager. If it is something like that, it should show up there.

There is also the possibility that the memory settings are wrong. Check that the all of the memory is showing up and that it is at the correct frequency.
Generally when something like that happens, it means that the computer is busy. For example, the system may be installing updates, or the anti- malware software is running. Take a look at the Task Manager. If it is something like that, it should show up there.

There is also the possibility that the memory settings are wrong. Check that the all of the memory is showing up and that it is at the correct frequency.

Solution

Razvan_aga

Honorable
Jul 3, 2017

Hi, this was the first time it happened and my pc is relatively old.