[SOLVED] Mouse cursor randomly moving and clicking ?

Apr 4, 2020
Twice this has hapenned now. My mouse cursor keeps erratically moving and clicking on stuff, usually a bit after boot up. My first reaction was hardware mouse issue, but it kept doing things after I disconnected my mouse. Then I thought malware, but there did not seem to be any goal, it just kept clicking on the start button, but it also sometimes moved and clicked on some file etc. so idk, but my PC is pretty clean, I don't have remote desktop setup or anything. Last thing, both times it fixed itself immediately was after I opened my laptop (I am using laptop with an external monitor and opening the laptop changes the layout from 'second screen only' to 'extend'). My touchpad was disabled.
I disabled some Hover mouse function and my touchpad driver and just to make sure, set my connection to public and remote desktop was already disabled in registry.

Anyone had similar issues? Although it's movement looked super fishy, I don't think it's a malware thing just because of it fixing itself after changing the project settings. But it is still weird for it to both move and click despite disconnecting my mouse, so I would like to know exactly what caused it. Maybe the hover function fixed it, we'll see.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Did you try it in safe mode?

Solution