Question Mouse disabled network adapters?

JKohl

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
The other day I purchased a UtechSmart Venus Gaming Mouse (Wired) from Amazon. My computer had been running all day, and the network was fine. I plugged in the mouse to a USB 3.0 hub on my desk as a secondary gaming mouse (still keeping my primary mouse plugged into my keyboard). Very shortly thereafter, I noticed that my ethernet was down, showing the onboard Intel ethernet adapter as disabled. After hours and hours of installing drivers, checking the BIOS, deleting devices and everything else I could think of...nothing worked, including plugging in a USB ethernet adapter. As soon as I plugged it in, it got disabled as well. No amount of enabling or updating changed this, within a few seconds of trying to enable, it would get disabled again. Finally, did s system restore from before the point the mouse was plugged in...PRESTO! Everything works fine. However, now I'm very scared to plug this mouse in again...coincidence, or does anyone know anything about a problem like this?

JKohl

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
One other thing...everything else, including the gaming mouse and all my other USB devices, seemed like they were working fine. I unplugged that mouse before I did all the other steps like updating drivers and deleting devices. It remained unplugged for the entire time I was troubleshooting.

TRENDING THREADS