[SOLVED] Mouse disappears and changes shapes/colors constantly.

Oct 16, 2019
So this has been going on for a few months now and it's starting to get pretty annoying.

The mouse pointer will randomly change shape and color, or even disappear completely. It comes and goes, really.

Usually it will change into another cursor, like the loading cursor with the hourglass next to it, but sometimes it turns into two dots that are rainbow colored. Like artifacting. More often than not it will just disappear completely.
EDIT: It will change into whatever cursor its currently hovering over. So if I am, for example, hovering over text so the cursor changes to the I cursor, then it will stay like that for a while. If that makes any sense.
This happens at any time, but never in-game.
So, while browsing, watching movies, on the desktop, but not games.

I've looked through countless threads but havent found a solution to this yet.
I saw one solution to disable cursor shadows, but that makes my cursor disappear completely.
Another was to reinstall my mouse drivers, which actually fixes the issue temporarily. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a few days, but it always comes back.
Adding pointer trails fixes the issue, but I get an imprint of my old mouse stuck on my screen after I enable it. Not to mention, pointer trails suck.

Has anyone dealt with something similar?

Solution
I would delete the mouse from device manager and answer yes to delete associated files.
Unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in. It should load either the default MS drivers or any driver it has built into itself.
a) If it works then, you can go ahead and install the manufacturers drivers if there are any.
b) If it doesn't work with the default drivers, boot into safe mode and see if it works.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model mouse?

Noted that you reinstalled the mouse drivers. Did you go to the manufacturer's website to download, reinstall, and then reconfigure the newest mouse drivers?

Look at the mouse settings via:

"WIN" + "I" > Devices > Mouse

Check the configurations and try the troubleshooter.

popatim

Titan
I would delete the mouse from device manager and answer yes to delete associated files.
Unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in. It should load either the default MS drivers or any driver it has built into itself.
a) If it works then, you can go ahead and install the manufacturers drivers if there are any.
b) If it doesn't work with the default drivers, boot into safe mode and see if it works.

Solution
Oct 16, 2019
I'm using a Logitech G403 Prodigy wired mouse. It doesnt have any drivers, only the Logitech G Hub.
I'm going to try both of your suggestions, but I'm afraid it might take a little while before I can reply with any results, since the issue comes and goes.

I did however notice in my devices that I had 2 mice active, one that said HID-Compatible mouse and the G403 prodigy. So I removed the HID-Compatible one. Hopefully that was the problem.

I'm going to give your ideas a whirl and I'll get back in a couple of days.

Thanks!