Question Mouse Disconnecting and Reconnecting (specifically in games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvogs12

Reputable
Dec 29, 2017
I play Valorant and Overwatch. Whenever I go into the game, my mouse will randomly disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes it will make the sound associated with the USB disconnect and connect, sometimes it won't. I've tried the following to solve this issue:

• Uninstalling/Updating/Reinstalling Drivers
  • Dedusting my PC
  • Use a different USB port
  • Unplugging each USB device individually to see if a specific device was causing the issue
  • Disabling the ability to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for my USB Root Hubs in Device Manager
  • Disabling "High precision event timer" in Device Manager
  • Resetting my PC (kept my files but reset settings and removed everything else)
  • Reinstalling Games
  • Using a different mouse

None of these have worked and I have yet to see another option online.

My PC Specs are:
Alienware Aurora R7
Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
PM981 NVMe Samsung 256GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz

I suspect my CPU to be the culprit because when I go into my games (specifically Overwatch), my CPU will jump to a high % in Task Manager. Sometimes 100%. Not too sure though, I know very little about computers.

Bassplate

Reputable
I play Valorant and Overwatch. Whenever I go into the game, my mouse will randomly disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes it will make the sound associated with the USB disconnect and connect, sometimes it won't. I've tried the following to solve this issue:

• Uninstalling/Updating/Reinstalling Drivers
  • Dedusting my PC
  • Use a different USB port
  • Unplugging each USB device individually to see if a specific device was causing the issue
  • Disabling the ability to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for my USB Root Hubs in Device Manager
  • Disabling "High precision event timer" in Device Manager
  • Resetting my PC (kept my files but reset settings and removed everything else)
  • Reinstalling Games
  • Using a different mouse
None of these have worked and I have yet to see another option online.

My PC Specs are:
Alienware Aurora R7
Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
PM981 NVMe Samsung 256GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz

I suspect my CPU to be the culprit because when I go into my games (specifically Overwatch), my CPU will jump to a high % in Task Manager. Sometimes 100%. Not too sure though, I know very little about computers.
If your CPU Runs at 100% in Games Windows will find a way to reduce the High percentage in order to run your Game even if it needs to disconnect something or install something.
I could only guess that the CPU can cause this because you already tried Reinstalling the Drivers and the CPU runs in 100%....Where its not suppose to be near a 100%
Can you list us your Windows Operating Specs?
build number
Windows version

jvogs12

Reputable
Dec 29, 2017
If your CPU Runs at 100% in Games Windows will find a way to reduce the High percentage in order to run your Game even if it needs to disconnect something or install something.
I could only guess that the CPU can cause this because you already tried Reinstalling the Drivers and the CPU runs in 100%....Where its not suppose to be near a 100%
Can you list us your Windows Operating Specs?
build number
Windows version

OS Build: 18363.900
Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 1909

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I've only uninstalled/reinstalled my mouse drivers, so if there's something I can do with my CPU drivers I have not done it.

Last edited:

Bassplate

Reputable
OS Build: 18363.900
Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 1909

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I've only uninstalled/reinstalled my mouse drivers, so if there's something I can do with my CPU drivers I have not done it.
Use this Link to download the latest drivers For your PC
Link Here=https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-za/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r7-desktop/drivers
Update your BIOS
Update your Chipset
Update your Network
Update all the Important things there is...This link is really helpful so use the Link to download the latest best support Drivers.

jvogs12

Reputable
Dec 29, 2017
Use this Link to download the latest drivers For your PC
Link Here=https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-za/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r7-desktop/drivers
Update your BIOS
Update your Chipset
Update your Network
Update all the Important things there is...This link is really helpful so use the Link to download the latest best support Drivers.

I've downloaded every single latest release of each category, restarted my PC, and it's still happening. At this point, I might just have to take it to a tech place to get it fixed. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS