Mouse disconnects only during gaming (Windows 10)

Alex_194

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I "upgraded" to Windows 10 a couple of months back and ever since my mouse has been disconnecting and then reconnecting 1 second later during gaming. It never happens when I'm not gaming :/
Its very annoying because its a CM Xornet which has 3 dpi settings, the middle setting is the default but i use the 3rd setting, so when it reconnects the dpi is wrong.. I cant seem to find an answer on Google so any ideas?

I doubt its a fault with the mouse as it NEVER happens when I'm not in a game, i would notice the DPI change.

Solution
I've had multiple mice fail on me due to the wires inside the cord at the mouse's end getting frayed (because the cord being constantly bent in different directions). Since the wires are only partially broken, the mouse sometimes disconnects, then immediately reconnects. At first this only happens during gaming, since that is the only time when you do lots of sudden and extreme movements with the mouse.

To check whether this is the case, just test whether the mouse disconnects if you bend the cord (at the mouse's end) around when just on Windows desktop. Failing that, maybe try bending it in other spots as well.

I've had plenty of mice replaced under warranty/defect liability because of this. Last time that happened, I negotiated for...

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
I've had multiple mice fail on me due to the wires inside the cord at the mouse's end getting frayed (because the cord being constantly bent in different directions). Since the wires are only partially broken, the mouse sometimes disconnects, then immediately reconnects. At first this only happens during gaming, since that is the only time when you do lots of sudden and extreme movements with the mouse.

To check whether this is the case, just test whether the mouse disconnects if you bend the cord (at the mouse's end) around when just on Windows desktop. Failing that, maybe try bending it in other spots as well.

I've had plenty of mice replaced under warranty/defect liability because of this. Last time that happened, I negotiated for an upgrade to a cordless mouse to save myself the hassle (I only paid the price difference).

Solution