Mouse doesn't warn batteries are loow

I have the Microsoft optical cordless mouse. When the batteries run low it
just stops & you get no warning that this is going to happen. Even though
the cursor won't move the red light on bottom continues to flash. Is this
normal?

--
Thanks in advance

It's normal if you don't install the latest mouse drivers for your
particular mouse!

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>I have the Microsoft optical cordless mouse. When the batteries run low
>it just stops & you get no warning that this is going to happen. Even
>though the cursor won't move the red light on bottom continues to flash. Is
>this normal?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/The Old Timer/ said:

> I have the Microsoft optical cordless mouse. When the batteries run low it
> just stops & you get no warning that this is going to happen. Even though
> the cursor won't move the red light on bottom continues to flash. Is this
> normal?

If you have not done so already, install the latest intellipoint driver...

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=m_wie20&os=xp&lang=en&driverVersion=IntelliPoint%205.2

In mouse PROPERTIES, choose your mouse. After reentering that config box,
you may see a "wireless" tab. There, the condition of the batteries and
transmission will be shown. Click HELP for other info.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

You didn't install the mouse drivers and software that came with the mouse.
You need to install it in order to get the full functionality of the mouse.

Bobby

"The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>I have the Microsoft optical cordless mouse. When the batteries run low
>it just stops & you get no warning that this is going to happen. Even
>though the cursor won't move the red light on bottom continues to flash. Is
>this normal?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

I have just downloaded & installed the driver from the link below. I have
checked the settings & can't see any reference to being able to get a
warning about the battery power.