[SOLVED] Mouse double-clicking, cancels holding down mouse

MelonTrinity

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
My mouse frequently double-clicks, but also cancels the click when I hold down the mouse button, instead turning the hold click into two clicks and a hold.
The tension spring doesn't seem to be the problem if the mouse cancels holding down the mouse button.
I've downloaded a double click suppressing program which would prevent from registering double clicks everytime I single click but then this still happens. I click and hold and it double clicks and holds.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
What model is this?

I'v had similar fails on input devices. I found that the mysterious clicks are switch fails. That definitely sounds like a switch fail. Heavy usage?

Try a different mouse. If it still happens, you know its not the device. If it's good, maybe time for a mouse change?

It happens even to the best brands. Nothing lasts. The better the brand and model, the better the warranty. My Logitech lasted just 3 months. Store was gracious enough to replace it.

MelonTrinity

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
I've downloaded a program where it shows what keys I have pressed currently and when I'm playing I can see what keys I currently have pressed. When the lmb fails to click, it registers in the program, when the right mouse button fails to click, it also registers it. I've tried holding down the mouse button and it shows that i've got it held down, even though my mouse double clicked before it held down, the app registers one click and a hold. I don't know if this confuses things

EDIT: The clicks not registering were a bug within the game itself, but the mouse double clicking issue is not

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS