[SOLVED] mouse double clicking on single click..

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
this happened to me years ago and i dont remember how i fixed it.. as of the last few days when i single click. my mouse acts as if i have double clicked.. in other words.. when i click once the mouse clicks 2 times extremely fast.. in control panel i have mouse double click set for lowest setting so i know its not that.. anyone else have this issue and what their fix was??

Solution
for me, it has always (3 times so far) been that the microswitch in mouse is giving up.
opening mouse and cleaning it might help for a moment but in my opinion, it usually means new mouse.

edit:This is of course assuming that it works same on different computers, thus eliminating software side problems.
for me, it has always (3 times so far) been that the microswitch in mouse is giving up.
opening mouse and cleaning it might help for a moment but in my opinion, it usually means new mouse.

edit:This is of course assuming that it works same on different computers, thus eliminating software side problems.

Reactions: dj3642a
Solution

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
i think you are right.. i believe the last time this happened was on my wife's pc.. and i tried all sorts of stuff.. finally just out of curiousity i changed the mouse out and problem .. solved. thanks.